Oh so excited... momentarily

Call Me V

Mark and I went out to the field we've been hitting for an hour or so here and there the past few weeks. We got two hours in yesterday. While digging a great signal I saw a silver ring sticking out of the hole. I called to Mark that I had yet another ring. And then we dug it up. It turned out to not be a ring but probably a piece to someone's instrument. But you can see how easily it would fool you. The field is used by a local school's marching band, and I've found a few pieces to instruments. They always ring up really nice. Oh well, no rings.

I did get my first $.50 piece. It rang up as a great 90. At this field I've found the run of coins now... penny, nickel, dime, quarter, fifty cent, and dollar piece.

Fifteen minutes after digging up the $.50 piece I came across another signal reading 90. I couldn't believe that I might have found another one. But it turned out to be a 6 quarter spill, all of them stacked nice and neat.

I also found a little Virgin Mary necklace pendant. I don't think it's anything great, because it read as a solid 74-75, but it came out clean from about 3" down.

I know nothing here is super awesome and exciting, but it was still a fun day. And we're only about half way through the field.

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 124
Still a great hunt, and that won't be the last heartbreaker you dig. It really gets your heart pumping to see shiney in the hole. Oh and careful, if anybody hasn't told you yet this hobby can be habit forming. Good luck and HH Mark

Nice Work! I love hunting those kinds of areas...finding that '6 stack' is cool! That pendant could be silver! Has it any markings on the back?

Still a great hunt, and that won't be the last heartbreaker you dig. It really gets your heart pumping to see shiney in the hole. Oh and careful, if anybody hasn't told you yet this hobby can be habit forming. Good luck and HH Mark

I've discovered that it can be habit forming. I started because I wanted something to do with my grandpa when I go to visit him. I just wanted to be familiar with it before going out there. But now I drive by locations and can't help but think what could be found.

Nice Work! I love hunting those kinds of areas...finding that '6 stack' is cool! That pendant could be silver! Has it any markings on the back?

No markings, but it does have a little weight. Just another item to be tested soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 102
This hobby is addicting. As the old saying goes I am not addicted I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to quit.

Back
Top Bottom