Festival Jewelry!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
In about everyones AO theres a festival site of some sort...They are good places to go right after tear down...Bummer is just within the past few years the Festivals sell tickets to redeem and not so much clad getting dropped, still, theres generally a jewelry booth or two and a guy has to go!

This one Place I have has taught me so much! I know it really well, Its a noisy trash filled environment where a guys ears wear out in about an hour...Its a great place to practice though, so this morning at Sun-up I beelined the NOX 800 right to the jewelry section and pulled another fresh drop tagged 925 Claddaugh!

This is like my 3rd yr in a row at the same little booth area! Tagged fresh dropped silver claddaugh rings! Plus a squishy penny and about a bucks worth of clad...not about any fresh dropped clad, just old stuff I missed...

Anyway, it was fun, and I'm learning this NOX in a place I'm familiar with...running Park 1, 10 sens and 50 tones...

Attachments

• irish.jpg
    irish.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 262
  • irish-1.jpg
    irish-1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 229
  • irish-2.jpg
    irish-2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 224
In about everyones AO theres a festival site of some sort...They are good places to go right after tear down...Bummer is just within the past few years the Festivals sell tickets to redeem and not so much clad getting dropped, still, theres generally a jewelry booth or two and a guy has to go!

This one Place I have has taught me so much! I know it really well, Its a noisy trash filled environment where a guys ears wear out in about an hour...Its a great place to practice though, so this morning at Sun-up I beelined the NOX 800 right to the jewelry section and pulled another fresh drop tagged 925 Claddaugh!

This is like my 3rd yr in a row at the same little booth area! Tagged fresh dropped silver claddaugh rings! Plus a squishy penny and about a bucks worth of clad...not about any fresh dropped clad, just old stuff I missed...
Anyway, it was fun, and I'm learning this NOX in a place I'm familiar with...running Park 1, 10 sens and 50 tones...

Congrats on your finds with your new Nox 800. I run both my 600 and 800 in Park 1, sens. between 13-15 but I use only 5 tones. I don't like 50 tones. If you get some good clad sites, the 6" coil really does the job, love my 6" coil. GL & HH

Mud - You can damn near climb a tree like a squirrel with those nails.

Sweet claddagh Mud! Congrats! How do you like the Nox so far, keeping up with the F-70 on the clad? This year with the 800 my coin per hour rate has gone way up, unfortunately my total hours of hunting has gone way down. One thing Iv'e noticed too is the number of pocket spills (all clad) I have found with it is crazy, I know your a serious clad hunter and you'll put that 800 to the test, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Congrats again on the sterling!

How do you like the Nox so far, keeping up with the F-70 on the clad? I know your a serious clad hunter and you'll put that 800 to the test, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Congrats again on the sterling!

Thanks Ron! Good to hear of your success in field! To answer your question, after a month in field, this NOX rig is still quite frustrating to me...OK, sure, I'm going from a pair of simple single freaks...(F70 and AtPro) Both trusted and massive producers, 1000's of hours behind their coils into a rig that has 8 segments of learning compounded with the various multitude of settings for each segment?......

And, I'm trying it out in places I've already run a coil over a lot, so finds will be scarce...And, a guy has to be aware to recharge the thing, plus sync the phones every time a guy wants to jump out and hunt a simple totter?

NCToad tried to warn me, said with what I've got and how I hunt, this NOX might not bring me any increased advantage...Its not the rigs fault, its all on me! I've got to change how I hunt and how my CPU processes the audio...

So its been frustrating, I've had to concentrate and try to remember things...Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec are generally my big money months, both in clad and gold...so yeah..a guy like me needs NOX 800 'Bootcamp' training like the Deus guys had...

Its a strong rig, ..I'm a classic case of "Its the Indian and not the bow!" I'm going from shooting instinctive with a Shakespere 25lb fiberglas recurve into overdraw compound and trijicon sights!...I got the basic theory, just need more time on range...I hope thats all it is...still, I can shoot fast with that damned F70 on clad..a hell of a lot faster...

John, I went through same deal. I still use Pro fir trashy parks BUT any kind of beach hunting im NOX 600 all the way. The learning curve give it a chance. Great machine with lots of. Potential ! Keep at it brother, lots to be found . HH !

We remember the ring you got last year.
The ticket thing bring in more money.
We went and got 20 dollars worth of tickets.
Had 2 beers 8tickets.
Had 2 glasses of wine 10tickets.
Went home with 2 leftover tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a nice little ring Mud .. great save and As usual a great report.
You know me .. looking forward to your next.
,Dew

Stay with the Nox John. In the long run you will get it and you will be happier for doing so. Very nice Ring and the start of the your squessy penny adventures. Trapper

with the tag still on it. LOL :That's awesome, Mud!

Back
Top Bottom