3 silver/3 Indian Day + More

spenglure

Elite Member
This summer has been a good season for detecting. I haven’t posted much for finds lately but I am out and about most weeks. Here’s a summary of the things I found in a recent day’s hunt with a buddy. We hit an old town and and worked some older properties. First house yielded the track pin. Next house I hit a Rosie. Next house I found an Indian (1890), a bunch of early wheats and two decorative buttons! Last house we hit I pulled a 1950s Rosie right out of the curb strip and a few wheats. Immediately hit the corner of the yard where two sidewalks met and my first signal was a nice barber dime. Next signal a 1906 Indian, and the very next signal another 1906 Indian! What a great way to cap off a long day. Plus the last 1906 Indian came out of the ground perfectly bronze!

Attachments

• A4DADFB6-C3CF-446C-AA98-C99CD105C66B.jpg
    A4DADFB6-C3CF-446C-AA98-C99CD105C66B.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Very nice finds! Congrats!!

Nice hunt!!! Love those Indians!!!

I like barbers.

Fantastic variety. Although I've never seen/held one, I love the IH penny.

Dang what a great series of finds! They came out so CLEAN, Congrats!

Congrats on the Barber Dime, Rosies, trio of Indians and the rest...a fine day of digging!

nice finds! Looks like you're working a good spot.

I always love silver but man that bronze Indian is nice!

Congrats on some nice finds. Indians usually do not come out that nice.

Thanks everyone for the comments! It was a fun day for sure! Love finding silvers but there's just something about an indian head. They are just super cool to find!

Very nice line up and group photo there! Outstanding hunt!

Thanks Mud, I had fun putting the picture together. My wife seriously asked: "How long could it possibly take to photograph metal detecting finds!" And now she knows :laughing:

A very impressive outing. You equaled my season of Indian digs in one day. Congrats on the tribe, the 3 Silvers and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks! For some reason my T2 really picks up the indian heads. Last year I found over 50. This year I may have 30. Haven't counted them all yet!

Back
Top Bottom