Equinox back to another hard worked site

Jason in Enid

Elite Member
9 9 MCH hunt.jpg

Today's wrapup. This is a place i have hunted for many years, alone and with Evan (GoneHunting for History). Today was the first time with my Equinox however. Slow at times, but I'm stubborn. I knew there was more to be found. The double silvers was a interesting target. The VDI said silver dime to quarter, but the tone was much lower... more like an Indian or lower.

9 9 dimes.jpg

One Indian and one of the V-nicks must have been in perfect condition when they were lost.

9 9 nickel.jpg 9 9 indian.jpg

Ran out of time, only covered about 1/3 of the ground. Hope to go back again soon.

9 9 MCH hunt close.jpg

Wow that’s more oldies than I’ve dug all year!! How long was you there?!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Thank you to everyone who posted! To answer a question, that hunt was about 5 hours I believe. Considering that I'm not pulling any more halves, quarters, large medals, large tokens.... yeah I'd say its already been worked hard :lol: :p

People always want to know types of sites and history etc, so some basics for this spot: Occupation goes back to time of land run and settlement in 1893. Prior to that it was completely empty. Its a public spot, roughly 1 city block square, and surely hunted by many before I first hunted it, and I'm sure more since. My first hunt here was over 10 years ago IIRC. Figure about a half dozen hunts a year. I've hunted it with a Whites 6000 dipro, E-Trac, CTX, and now the EQX.

Back
Top Bottom