looking at the nox,and others

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
The nox seems to be a great machine for jewlery,or a beach hunter maybe.But as a dedicated coin hunter,I’m not seeing anything impressive,at least in videos.And that goes for the new makro releases too,I’m just not seeing anything earth shattering from either new releases.Maybe the videos just don’t show the true potential for a coin hunter?
I’m also looking a little harder at the nox,read and watching every video.And I’ve never owned a 3030, love the Etrac but am curious about the 3030.
I guess what’s running through my mind on my next purchase,being a coin hunter and going with Minelab,,why would I backslide from a Etrac to go with a equinox,and not get a 3030..I mean,it’s like the equinox as far as coinshooting goes is at the bottom of Minelabs lineup,and the 3030 is at the top of Minelabs lineup.I guess I’ll hafto wait for more reviews and videos
I gotta say tho,for a inland coin Hunter in fields,yards and parks I'm probably gonna end up with a 3030,time will tell.

I managed to snag a 600 online but it's been stuck in USPS delivery land all week so won't have until next week. My pre-order should be coming late next week as well so I will have an extra if you want one just PM me. Rather pass the love than do a return with the online order...that is if it ever gets delivered. USPS has been absolutely horrible in some areas of the country lately.

You might be able to twist my arm and get my 8 month old one , used about 3 hrs with covers and never been in water much less a rain drop.😁

Yeah,I heard they're hard to let go.lol..im still up in the air a little on these units.i have a few to keep me hunting for now,but I'm definitely gonna try something new soon,new to me anyhow

The biggest problems most coin hunters deal with is depth and masking. I don't know that there is much video on depth yet , but didn't you see the ones where the EQ hit clear on all the coin targets right next to the chunk of rusty iron almost touching them ? As far as I am concerned , the EQ just now got in peoples hands , they have to learn the machine before you start seeing impressive videos and reports. Its much too early for anyone to say they aren't impressed with that detectors abilities. Same goes for the makro line.

The nox seems to be a great machine for jewlery,or a beach hunter maybe.But as a dedicated coin hunter,I’m not seeing anything impressive,at least in videos.

True - the videos are yet to come but the tests are showing that the NOX is great at finding masked targets.... something that shuts down even the best machines...

Depth will be determined very soon but finding the targets is key......

I just hope I won't be waiting till June to get my preorder....

I think one of the major selling points with any machine is WEIGHT! Minelabs are notoriously heavy so to me that update is a major plus. I think it’s possible that it may be the most versatile machine functionally we have seen; time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a coinhunter my first priority in a machine is visual ID..The better the ID the better the machine.Only way to get coins and not junk.. unmasking is low on my list ,cause when in heavy trash like that ID is not good.

Back
Top Bottom