how much are you guys getting for melt?

Neil Diggit

Just wondering how much people are getting for turning in their gold and silver? Last time I checked at a coin shop that I know of they give about $20.00 per gram for gold and about .89 cents a gram for silver. Seems low to me. ??

It depends on what type of gold, 10k, 18k, 24k. I took a few 10k rings into a gold and jewelry exchange that the bought by the pennyweight, they offered me 25$ for 3 rings.... One retailed at $300.... They are just ripping people off now days!

I have sold mine on ebay. On average I get about $40 per gram for 14K. If you go on ebay and click on the completed listing for scrap gold you can see the prices that scrap gold has sold for.

Send your gold or silver to ARA!!! I've sent three shipments so far and they do an excellent job!!! They pay 98% of melt value on gold (excluding any silver mixed in any jewelry) and 90% melt value on silver. That beats any deal I've seen or heard of on here.....

Dusty

Send your gold or silver to ARA!!! I've sent three shipments so far and they do an excellent job!!! They pay 98% of melt value on gold (excluding any silver mixed in any jewelry) and 90% melt value on silver. That beats any deal I've seen or heard of on here.....

Dusty
Sounds like a good idea and sounds like it will beat out the coin shops deals.

I sold some Silver 2 weeks ago to two different guys off Craigslist. Both times we met at Restaurants. One guy told me if I have anything to sell in the future he would buy from me, and I sold @ 95% of spot at the time.

Dusty

They pay 92% on .999 Silver and 90% on .925 Silver.

Back
Top Bottom