any coin collectors here?

luked

im just wanting to get an idea right now. i have been getting some various things together to send in for melt. old gold rings,old silver rings and other odds and ends...i have quite a few silver coins that im planning on sending in as well but thought if someone here would be interested in buying them possibly i would do that first.
i dont have any big key dates so to me these are jsut melt value im not a collector and need the cash right now....i have 196 silver dimes a mix of barber,merc and Rosies....have 1 morgan, 1 peace dollar, 11 walking liberty dollars,1 franklin half,one standing liberty quarter dollar...i know the melt value of them but i thought if a collector would be interested in them and i could get a little more than melt i would do that first. if anyone is interested

i also have a bunch of really nice IH pennies as well as wheats, buffalo nickles, a few V nickles and so on if anyone is interested.

didnt know if i should put this here or in the for sale forum since im jsut looking to see if anyone is interested.

I have a crisp $10 bill with your name on it.....I'll even pay for shipping, because I am a swell guy.

Stinks knowing all that history is going into a melting pot, but money is money! Good thing you are trying to do.

Give me your address to send you your $10! :lol:

maybe list what ya have with pics and post in the classifieds

i was going to list them with pictures but dont have a stinkin camera that really takes decent pictures so dont know what to do about that.

I've been collecting coins for the past 40 years and find it sad that the silver value exceeds the numismatic value of coins today. It's nice that the Morgan silver dollars I bought years ago for 8 bucks are worth around 30 today but sad to know they are more valued as circuitry in a gismo than in a collection.

I buy silver coins all the time. DONT send them to melt!!

I also buy scrap silver jewelry. Whatever they offer you, i'll give ya an extra dollar ;)

let us know first :D

If ya wanna shoot me a private message my man I'd most likely buy them from you. -Kevin

Let me just say this...You did the right thing by seeking advice !....I'm not a coin collector. I'm a jeweler. With the current gold & silver prices rising, there are soooo many nice, old pieces being sold for scrap right now. I see many 9, 10 & 12K pieces being sold to pawn shops for their weight/worth in gold. I'm fortunate to have pickers that inform me when the vintage stuff comes in, as they know I'll pay much more for pieces that my customers will appreciate. While each time a nice, old piece gets scrapped, my vintage pieces become a bit more scarce...However, I cringe at the thought that another antique treasure has just been eliminated from the population. Coin collectors are passionate in regards to obtaining collection worthy pieces on their want list. ALWAYS keep in mind that one persons trash is another persons treasure ! <---That's the PC way of saying it.
:cool:

i would much rather sell them to some of the guys on here that will at least appriciate them. and will save me some cash too since if i do send them for melt ill get hit with a refining fee and i need to get all that i can out of this stuff

Back
Top Bottom