los angeles area, quiet on here.

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Anyone here active and Los Angeles area?
Also ideas where other than one 24 hour beach?
Or am I the only one who works a heck schedule ?
7 days a week 10am to 7pm...

Could use someone to swing a detector with and
Post normal hours ideas...

Most public places around here always dusk till dawn closed etc.
To many in the past ruined it for others.

.....Also ideas where other than one 24 hour beach?.....

Are you saying you have beaches that say "closed at dusk" ? If so, I'm betting those type obligatory signs are so that no one thinks he's going to homestead (camp out) on the beach. And/or so that there's "teeth" for cops to break up late night college keg parties and bonfires on the beach.

Yet the reality is, there's late night persons who (gasp) take a stroll on the beach, etc... As long as you're not being a nuisance, I am sure that no one's out there determining dusk versus day-break versus .... etc....

Up here, if the tides dictate that the low tide time is after dark, we have never had any problem being on the beach. But I suppose if I searched long enough through minutia, there might be something about beach "hours".

Also bear in mind that some parking lots which have such signs, are referring to PARKING. Ie.: the parking lot closes at dusk, not the beach itself. Yet there's nothing to stop someone from walking in from the north or south, strolling along the beach having parked somewhere else.

Are you saying you have beaches that say "closed at dusk" ? If so, I'm betting those type obligatory signs are so that no one thinks he's going to homestead (camp out) on the beach. And/or so that there's "teeth" for cops to break up late night college keg parties and bonfires on the beach.

Yet the reality is, there's late night persons who (gasp) take a stroll on the beach, etc... As long as you're not being a nuisance, I am sure that no one's out there determining dusk versus day-break versus .... etc....

Up here, if the tides dictate that the low tide time is after dark, we have never had any problem being on the beach. But I suppose if I searched long enough through minutia, there might be something about beach "hours".

Also bear in mind that some parking lots which have such signs, are referring to PARKING. Ie.: the parking lot closes at dusk, not the beach itself. Yet there's nothing to stop someone from walking in from the north or south, strolling along the beach having parked somewhere else.

Let me try this again. Had a reply typed out and accidently wiped it.

Parking is a issue yes areas like Huntington beach etc.
But they also have patrols I got stopped by before for walking a 5 mike stretch with a bike and blown tire (friend said was a down ramp he was wrong)

But also there is beyond a ton of signage stating beach closed these times etc.
Which personally I find to be a load of !!!! their public beaches with NO houses around em... So its ironic public beaches with restrictions.

If there's beaches down there where this is actually enforced, that's crazy. I mean, gee, how's a guy & gal supposed to go for a "romantic moon-lit walk on the beach", if ......... the beach closed as dusk ? Makes no sense !

Or the "romantic walk with the metal detector ! haha.

I recall staying at a hotel on the beach at Santa Monica about 15 yrs. ago. And .... after dark, there were still plenty of people milling about on the beach. Is Santa Monica one that has such signs ? If so, is this something new ??

If there's beaches down there where this is actually enforced, that's crazy. I mean, gee, how's a guy & gal supposed to go for a "romantic moon-lit walk on the beach", if ......... the beach closed as dusk ? Makes no sense !

Or the "romantic walk with the metal detector ! haha.

I recall staying at a hotel on the beach at Santa Monica about 15 yrs. ago. And .... after dark, there were still plenty of people milling about on the beach. Is Santa Monica one that has such signs ? If so, is this something new ??

Santa Monica is the only one I know which is 24,hours and combed and detected like nuts lol...

All rest I've read and seen here in la county of county beaches are restricted over night that I know of..

....All rest I've read and seen here in la county of county beaches are restricted over night that I know of..

Well if so, and if it's actually enforced (as opposed to just a tool to evict late night keg parties or permanent homeless encampments), then that's just plain crazy.

Just for kicks and giggles, I wonder what would happen if I read the minutia long and hard on our beaches up here. On those signs as you enter the beach, with the fine print that no one ever reads. To see if our beaches also "close" at sunset, etc.... I can think of a few where that might be the case, because they require walking in from north or south, since parking lots are closed at the exact entry point we'd normally use. I've always just assumed that meant the parking lot was "closed". But if I read deeply enough and asked enough Q's of personnel, it might be said that the beach itself also "closes". Yet as I say, there are persons on strolls there (walking their dog, making out with their girlfriend, etc...) all the time.

I've hunted with Jam. He doesn't even dig. He just stands there and murmurs something and the silver jumps up out of the ground into his pouch. He does this all day long.

Exactly why we forbid him to go north of Santa Barbara. Haarrruummmppphh ! :nono:

Looking for A Partner

Iam opening to metal detecting in the Sam Gabriel valley and LA area.Retired no work schedule .:yes:

Los Angeles Area

I’m out here down in San Pedro but willing to travel a tad to surrounding beaches and land hunts for permissions etc..:yes:

Back
Top Bottom