12-16-2011 Old school feild hunt. Found some "IRISH LUCK" and another "Wheatie"

joee5

Elite Member
Reckon that this here weather's not gonna hold up for much longer so I put in a little over (4) four hour hunt at my favorite hunting grounds at the old closed down school. Found a few of them key rings, few keys, junk "IRISH LUCK" charm (me thinks it's junk. Has no markings.) another Wheat cent (1942) and a coupla buttons and zippers. The pen was under some leaves and the green army guy was a surface find. (68) total coins found today.

Another beautiful, sunny day. Hope most of you been able to take advantage of this marvelous weather and got out and did some hunting.

Met an old head today as he was walking his dog. He said that this feild I've been hitting was hunted hard back in the 80's after the school closed. He also stated that due to "muttinheads" (his exact words) digging up holes all over the place, the local police would issue summons to anyone caught MD'ing on this here property. I told him to look around and find where I was digging and he was unable to find my spots. As I pointed out my replaced plugs, he stated that if more people were like me nobody would have a problem. He asked what I had in the ShopRite bag attached to my waist so I showed him all the bottle tops, pull tabs, cans, can slaw and assorted metals. He was nice enough to take them off my hands for me and said he would show the other "nosey neighbors" that I am a welcome site.
So, a long story short. I musta made quite an impression on the locals and I reckon I'm a welcomed guest now. Wonder why I wasnt approached earlier. Musta been scared of my swinging technique or they thought I was a nut job with my handy Lesche at my side.
Happy hunting.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Last edited:
Joe big clad count there,and you learned some new lingo.

muttinheads!!! :laughing:

Dang muttinheads !!!

Thats a first for me never heard that before..:lol:

Joe big clad count there,and you learned some new lingo.

muttinheads!!! :laughing:

Dang muttinheads !!!

Thats a first for me never heard that before..:lol:

Neither did I, Al. Like I said he was an old head so maybe that's how they talked back in the day.

good hunt might be some good stuff left if your finding wheats
curtis

I finished her up this morning. I'd like to hunt from east to west now and see all that I missed. I may have been rushing a bit because I wanted to hunt as much as possible before getting tossed. Now that I am welcome, I'll swing slowly.

Joe if L.E didn't come by now, I would think your good to go.
When I called I was told MD in that county was ok.:?:

That was last year.

I wish my county would ok it,but there a bunch of muttinheads!!:lol:

A great hunt

You are doing well at that old school. Your methods are also to be applauded. We who want to hunt the same places, will always fill the holes. If your still finding wheats then there are still Silvers right? The ground here in the west is firming up but with no snow..we may go right into the new year. Let's do it and GO STEELERS>

Back
Top Bottom