What does 14K GB.....

havefaith

Elite Member
Stand for? I found a cross today at the school in the wood chips. It says 14K GB. It is really pretty. It has 4 diamond chips in the middle, and 4 chips on the top, bottom and sides, 8 chips total.

Wish I could take pics. Anyway, thanx for any info.....

HaveFaith

Could it be?

Is there any way it is "GF" instead of GB? That would stand for gold filled. Not too sure what GB could be.

Hmmm....

Well, maybe it belonged to a Russian spy?

Or maybe it's a really tiny flash drive?

Hmm... is it heavy like gold? Sounds like another trip to the jeweler for you :spin:
Hoping it's the real deal.

Thanx for the replies. Yes Vlad it is heavy like gold. It looks as though it might be a mans cross.
I am going to the jewelers on monday. I said it had 8 diamond chips, but I recounted them, 9. I got my headphones from Tony today and I heard only a blip. I put it in P/P mode, and there it was. It showed up as pull tab. :shock: :D

HaveFaith

Doesn't look too hopefull - Looking at ebay sellers selling "gold gb" it appears it is some gold layering process, like this one http://tinyurl.com/2ln4j7 , a 75 gram, 24" chain plus a matching bracelet for the low price of $41.99.
I did not find out what exactly gb stands for, I suppose you could ask that seller. Most search results, as you likely found out, turn back with results about game boy.
Keep in mind also, if you are not aware, that they make diamond testers that are very accurate and, obviously, if a diamond rings up as good then its a safe bet the metal is precious also.

Thanx for the info xray. I am just going to take the cross too the jeweler on monday and have them test the diamonds, and find out more about this GB. Sure does look and feel like the real deal, but you never know.
Thanx for all the replies.

HaveFaith

Back
Top Bottom