Minelab Vanquish 340 or 440???

seagiant

Hi,
Looking for a first machine, living in Central Florida.

Probably coin/jewelry hunting more than any thing else.

Heard these were good coin machines, don't have a lot of money, but...

Wondering if the extra $100 for the 440 is worth spending over the 340 model???

I thought so. It could make your time more enjoyable and if you sell it you'll recoup most of the difference.

Hi,
Looking for a first machine, living in Central Florida.

Probably coin/jewelry hunting more than any thing else.

Heard these were good coin machines, don't have a lot of money, but...

Wondering if the extra $100 for the 440 is worth spending over the 340 model???

I would get the 440, you will have more options with it.

Hi,
Thanks Gentlemen, does the "pinpoint" option needed, if you have the small hand held anyway?

Hi,
Thanks Gentlemen, does the "pinpoint" option needed, if you have the small hand held anyway?

The pinpoint feature on the detector can speed up the finding of the target significantly by helping you dig the plug in a more accurate location. You still need a high quality handheld pinpointer to locate small targets. Those two things prevent a lot of frustration.

The pinpoint feature on the detector can speed up the finding of the target significantly by helping you dig the plug in a more accurate location. You still need a high quality handheld pinpointer to locate small targets. Those two things prevent a lot of frustration.

Hi,
Thank you!

Not 100% sure but for the extra $$$ you get a weather cover and headphones. Also more settings for control of volume and sensitivity.

The pinpoint feature is not critical on the beach where you use a wide scoop to sift sand. But when digging in lawns you want to zero in tighter so you can dig a smaller hole.

Hi,
Makes sense, my point was that the 440 has pinpoint as the biggest differnce to the 340 (there is others, but see that as the main one)

And that is costing another extra $100, on the 440 compared to the 340!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom