• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

metaldetector.com

Tuco

I just wanted to let everyone know what a terrible experience I had with these folks.

I placed an order but because I was moving during the time it would take to ship I had a different shipping address (I updated my Credit card company with the new info). The folks at Metaldetector.com totally dropped the ball and never followed up with me because for some reason they couldn't verify my new ship to address.

Wouldn't get back to me wouldn't call me. For a while I thought it was a scam company just trying to steal information from me. They sent me some weird email to wire money into their bank account? Stuff like that.

The real kicker was that they eventually became spiteful and refused to send the order after I told them that I wouldn't do business with them again.

Can't believe a company would act this way towards a customer. Anyway, just my experience with these guys and I will only order from Kellyco from now on.

Tuco

I think you'll have a good exerpience using any of our forum sponsors that rotate in the banner ads.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but off to greener pastures :yes:

Sorry to hear about that. I agree with Sectshun.

There are several different superstores to buy from.

Hmmmmm. I bought two detectors from them last year, at seperate times, and never had a problem, I thought their service was top notch.

I went to them after ordering from a well known company online, (no, not kellyco) and waiting months, and not being able to contact the company as to the status of my order, etc, etc. Very aggravating, and I lost months of prime detecting season.

Thanks for the heads up, just the same. I'll keep an ear out on this before next time I order something. The internet is good for policing the companies that aren't on the up and up!

I've ordered stuff from them a couple of times. Customer service has been outstsanding both times. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.

I just tried the site....

It says unavailable...I would guess they are drop shippers, and most of them are fly by night types...I would not do business with them...Stay with the well known and respected folks, like our sponsors...

HH,

It says unavailable...I would guess they are drop shippers, and most of them are fly by night types...I would not do business with them...Stay with the well known and respected folks, like our sponsors...

HH,

Their site is NOT unavailable. They are a real business and definitely not fly by night. Do business with who you feel comfortable with, but you shouldn't spread rumors.

I've seen people on forums who have had trouble with just about every online dealer at one time or another.

If they could not verify you cc info then that is your cc companies fault not theirs.
You told them you would not do business with them and then they refused to work with you, (WOW WHAT A surprise).
It sounds like you droped the ball and expected them to pick it up.

Sorry to hear that...

They did alright by me though. The change of address thing probably didn't help matters.

If I type "metaldetector.com" in the address box, it comes up with an unavailable site message. I get their page if I do "www.metaldetector.com". That's a common website setup/hosting error.

-- Tom

They are about 20 miles from me and I've bought in person 2 detectors from them, with both transaction being excellent, and their equipment is shipped from those premises. Sorry about your mishap with them but they ship all over the world and that's why all the weird requirements.

Just my 2 cents but I purchased 2 rain covers from them because they were a couple bucks cheaper than other sites. The covers were metaldetector.com branded and seemed very cheaply made. The transaction went smooth enough though.

Back
Top Bottom