2 Shadow Silvers

pescadore

Elite Member
Decided this afternoon to work a curbstrip up the road from my residence. The strip is across the street from the old house that I found the Rosie at yesterday. I decided to use the Shadow X-2 today because I really like the Super 7 coil for hunting curb strips. It was a crazy start filled with issues. First good coin signal I got I dug a 1951D Rosie and was really optimistic. About that time the phone rings and its my son who was mowing his girlfriends yard. He is a Type 1 Diabetic and left his bag of diabetic supplies in the car. I drove over to the girlfriends residence and gave him his bag and then returned to the area where I dug the silver. I dug a 2 quarter spill about a foot away from where I dug the silver. Then more problems, the battery on my X-2 died so back to the house I went to get another 9V battery. I got the battery installed and back to the site and got a signal. Dug the flap stuck the ProPointer in the hole and guess what, battery was dead !!! Had to pack up and head to WalMart for more 9V's. Got everything working and back to the same area. Found the previous coin and put it in my apron. I thought to myself that I never rescanned the hole where I got the Rosie so I ran the X-2 back over the hole and sure enough got a really loud shallow coin signal. I turned over a little dirt and saw a small clod on the surface with a silver rim showing. I picked it up and uncovered a 1946 Rosie !!!! I realized that I had left the silver just laying there since I dug the first Rosie and ran around all over town. I sure was glad at that point that I was hunting alone because anyone that had followed behind me would have found the Rosie. I didn't have any other problems and worked the strip all the way to the next block and found several clad coins but no more silver. It started to rain and I decided to call it a day and watch the Final Four. Sorry for the long story and here is a picture of todays finds.

That's a whole lot better than my day of, I HAD TO WORK. Congrats on the silvers and the running around town was worth it.

Frankly, I thought your story was a great length. You have a natural flair in writing in my opinion. I've never found 2 silvers from a single hole but I've been stung by watching a buddy re-sweep some of my holes afterwards and find second treasure once in a while. Cool digs! martin

Better than my day to. Im clearing one of my lots out here at the lake, nothing but hard work. Congrats on the silver.

Minelab Explorer XS.

Congrats on some good finds on a hectic day.

Good that all your work paid off! Nice hunt!

Nice video. Looks like you found a friend also.

Back
Top Bottom