whites dualfield

I need to apologize Bigal, I've been in drydoc for 2 months now (3 weeks post op rotator cuff & biceps tendon surgery). I came across like a total a$$ there.

As KENNE-BILL has mentioned...send it back. I've sent 2 DF's back and had nothing but great service. Once for a defective coil (they replaced it) and the other for a flooded contol compartment. From my own experience and knowing other DF owners, some machines are just problematic fresh off the assembly line.

DF's aren't intuitive either. It takes some time listening to and understanding what it's trying to tell you. Very much like a woman. Another idea is to test your machine up in the dry. Dedicate a good 2-3 hours. Nice 10x10' square patch. Ask a friend/family member to plant a penny, nickel, quarter, bobby pin, beer bottle cap, pull tab and a gold ring in the sand. Then practice listening to the sounds they make and guestimate what they are before you dig them up. Then go test on the slope.

Hard to say if it's your machine or your inexperience causing the problem.
Irregardless, I hope this post helps.

it's okay the guys at work all got a good laugh out of it and your completely write on both. Thanks

OK folks, back to the DF:grin:!

Sept.19, 2009 I got my first DF and never looked back!!

Search my past posts for info about my experiences and how I have managed to pay for this sucker several times over with the finds I dug up in the water!

I made a few mods and they have paid real dividends in that my machine has never been back to Whites and has been my primary water machine to this day!!

The best bit of info I can pass on is about the DF's sensitivity to electrical "noise".

Passing boats, trains and airplanes and nearby metal detectors can all create some noise(not always!)

Learning to recognize this and how to hear what DF is telling you takes mucho patience, but can pay dividends over time.

Good luck and happy hunting!!,

CJ

Legends

Only up until recently did I realize these legends when I started was just me and my brother figuring it out we never ran into anyone Detecting now there’s guy and girls Detecting everywhere. I started out with a sovereign xs then we went in on a xcal sword.when we made enough money we got another xcal blue been running both ever since thanks guys . I really don’t think there’s anything wrong with machine.

It is likely fine. The best way it has been explained to me is "the DF sounds like your standing in a beehive"

Look on youtube, there is a video where a guy thinks his DF is screwed up and unstable. But that is just how they are.

If you are in your house, around any electricity, or there are other detectors around, the DF will be wild. Just the nature of the beast.

Back
Top Bottom