Newbie looking to get into Metal Detecting!!

ddavis89325is

Hello all,

I have always been interested in metal detecting. I am looking to buy my first detector very soon, possibly within the week. I was always under the assumption that this was an expensive sport, but compared to my other hobbies (freshwater fishing/boating, and mountain biking) this hobby looks fairly inexpensive to get into!

I am a Senior at the University of Northern Iowa and majoring in Geology. I am excited to do some detecting around the campus, should find some interesting things, and get some interesting looks, :?:

I am probably going to end up with a Garrett Ace 150 or 250 for my first detector. This site looks to have some great info for a beginner!

Hello and Welcome!! You might double check at yours, Theres alot of Universities & Colleges thats off limits to metal detecting..Don't want to see you get in trouble..

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby.
For the price difference I think I would lean toward the 250. But whatever your choice, best of luck on your hunts. I am looking forward to seeing your new treasures posted soon.
Frog

Welcome to the hobby and our forum from California.

A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into. This hobby lets you get some of it back. :lol:

BTW: I ride a Jamis Custom.

Welcome to the hobby

Greeting from Maryland. If you are going to use it on campus just make sure to get permission first.

Well, if you are in northern Iowa, get that detector and head out into those old lead ming areas. You will have a ton of fun and just maybe find something cool!

Back
Top Bottom