Fisher F2 Question?

RyanBrown

The F2 just came in today! Couldn't be happier with it. I want to thank Bart from Big Boy Hobbies! Anyways my question is...When I hold the pinpoint button on the F2, I was wondering if the two digit number on the display is the estimated depth or is it the VDI? I took a look at the owners manual but it didn't discuss much about depth. Anyone know?

Congrats on your new machine! It is for depth, keep pinpointing to the loudest alarm and the number should also be the lowest on the screen at the same time.
Good luck!

Thanks guys, This machine works great. Managed to pull some more clad coins out of my backyard this morning before work.

When I am Pinpointing with my F2, the two digit number in the window is used for proximity to the coin/object. I try to get it to at least a 2" before digging. As for depth, I use the depth guage window to the right which is 3 sections of 2" each. So, if its completely dark the depth is at least 6".
This method has served me well.

When I am Pinpointing with my F2, the two digit number in the window is used for proximity to the coin/object. I try to get it to at least a 2" before digging.

That is my understanding as well, the closer to zero you get when pinpointing, the closer the target is to center of the coil.

Back
Top Bottom