• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202

cougarmccxxi

I'm ready to duck tomatoes on this one :)

What do you guys think about the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 or any of the higher end Bounty Hunter detectors?

If they are as good as they advertise they would be quite a bargain. The reviews seem mostly positive as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any comments.

HH.

As long as your ground is kind you'll do well with it. And like Lawman said the little hockey puck coil is great in trash. I still have a Discovery 2000 (the RadioShack version and my first "real" detector) as a back-up.

w

I've been using a BH Pioneer 505 for over two years now. It's very user friendly and hasn't let me down. I would say my deepest target was a musket ball at 9".

I've been using an at pro for 6+ months and I still think I did better with my BH Tracker 4. Once you become one with it, it is very efficient to use.

if you wont a great first detector that still finds items at 10 to 11 inchs silver gold an alot of clad and is super easy to use put out the 150$ an pick up a ace 250 you can make your money back in the first 40 hours detecting with it if you do it right.

I started with a 202 and it worked alright - found a seated and a good bit of silver with it, even a diamond ring. Pinpointing could be a tad difficult but it's not a bad machine. I'd MUCH rather have a compadre or something else though.

Bounty Hunter pioneer 202

Same model than the Quick draw 2 ,works very good .This unit will detect Canadians and UK Steel plated coins with the discrimination on .Mostly new models will bot able to detected this new coins. Metal detectors with double d coil does not detected it .

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a bounty hunter pro platinum. I would put it up against an ace 350 any day.
It is a great machine, somewhere between the ace 350 and the at-pro.
It has a ton of features. I wouldn't trade my BHPP for anything.

So your admitting to owning a BH ? :shock: I own two myself. :laughing: Bounty Hunters have a place in the world and have their loyal group of followers. I don't look down on someone swinging a BH because that maybe all they can afford or are willing to spend on the hobby. BH has drawn many people to detecting and my first detector was a BH and I made nice finds with it. My brand loyalty is not with BH but with Garrett. Everyone has their favorites and what they like and works for them so I'm not going to sling feces about BH but, even a high end BH is considered by many to be a low end detector. I keep my two BH'S for backup and loaners for people who want to try out the hobby and not spend a lot of money except for buying some batteries. Sneering or laughing at someone because they are swinging a BH is just plain wrong and not a behavior I would not engage in. We live in a society where everything is bigger, more expensive and faster and keeping up with the Jones's and the cutting edge of technology. I live in a realistic world and can tell you that any BH will detect metal very well. I know a guy with an old BH 505 who does really well. So go swing the 202 and if a detector snob shows up that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and sneers at you give them the finger because he is digging the same garbage you are.:lol:

Yeah, I own a BHPP and an AT-Pro...

Don't let anyone knock it The BHPP is a dynamite little machine.

Found my first gold with the BHPP, on a beach... gold earring with diamonds in it.

I have *two* Bounty Hunters! Both Tracker IVs. One is Hobbes with the standard stock coil) and the other is Calvin (with the sniper coil).

Calvin and Hobbes have been good detectors. On days when I am not feeling up to hauling out Madame X (The Minelab XTerra 50) I'll drag Calvin along with me.

If I could ever find a repair person who could fix up Mikey (RadioShack Micronta) I'd take him out and really have some fun! My first detector was a Micronta.

I used the Bounty Hunter 202 for years. It did me very well. Would still be using it but it developed a problem considering its at least 15 years old.

Back
Top Bottom