40 S & W Clip (***Magazine***)

Shane724

Hey all was woods hunting and pulled this magazine off the surface today I’m not familiar with magazines and unsure if it’s modern and what guns it could be for?

Thanks for the help!

15defcfb17c07e737e99b198ea03556f.jpg

4325e73bdc1ec126124feb9d81276c0d.jpg

5ad92efc8da425f1c9f97cb1709650c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First lesson to become more familiar, it's Magazine, not clip. :p

but the top actually looks like an airsoft gun magazine. Could you clean it more, especially the top lips where the ammo would come from?

but the top actually looks like an airsoft gun magazine. Could you clean it more, especially the top lips where the ammo would come from?

Got it learning so much through this forum and yeah I’ll be cleaning it up shortly and I’ll send better pics through thanks!

Look for a logo on the bottom of the Magazine. The cartridge is .40 cal Smith and Wesson, but that cartridge is not exclusively a Smith and Wesson Caliber,

But as i think of it, i have 2 .40's and neither are Smith and Wesson's and without looking i don't acknowledge the "S&W" , so that mag might be from a Smith after all

Got it learning so much through this forum and yeah I’ll be cleaning it up shortly and I’ll send better pics through thanks!

Confirmed airsoft magazine still one in there!

8b9b41a97c66abf9de84736d39de723a.jpg

f8d02993b009b90c455f5b6fd9f79c36.jpg

Look for a logo on the bottom of the Magazine. The cartridge is .40 cal Smith and Wesson, but that cartridge is not exclusively a Smith and Wesson Caliber,

But as i think of it, i have 2 .40's and neither are Smith and Wesson's and without looking i don't acknowledge the "S&W" , so that mag might be from a Smith after all

Thanks for the reply! Confirmed it being an airsoft mag but this info will help for future recoveries thanks again!

Ya that is definitely not large enough for a .40

Congrats on the confirmation. I was mostly teasing up above with the mag thing. But it is a magazine 😜 since it's a surface find, keep an eye out for players while detecting. Don't want to accidentally wander into a game with pellets flying everywhere.

The quick ID give aways for that magazine for me were the many screws in the sides and then the small lips up top. I've been shooting my whole life and one of my bigger hobbies is antique guns and my profession requires extensive training in everything else. I can't recall anyone putting screws in the sides of their magazines like that. The 40 stamp can throw people off, but modern airsoft gear has become insanely real looking; even down to the markings, logos, etc.

Congrats on the confirmation. I was mostly teasing up above with the mag thing. But it is a magazine [emoji12] since it's a surface find, keep an eye out for players while detecting. Don't want to accidentally wander into a game with pellets flying everywhere.

The quick ID give aways for that magazine for me were the many screws in the sides and then the small lips up top. I've been shooting my whole life and one of my bigger hobbies is antique guns and my profession requires extensive training in everything else. I can't recall anyone putting screws in the sides of their magazines like that. The 40 stamp can throw people off, but modern airsoft gear has become insanely real looking; even down to the markings, logos, etc.

Good call I didn’t think of that and awesome info on the giveaways I’ll remember this for future finds huge thanks again Emu![emoji1374]

Exactly yes(about it not being a clip).

40 S&W is the name of the round in this case, not the gun manufacture. It was developed by S&W and Winchester.

Back
Top Bottom