Coin Roll Hunting Fails!!

planchet

:doah:
I was going through my second to last roll and found a penny with nothing on it....I mean pefectly smooth front and back......is it a fake or a slug......why would someone take the time to make a fake penny.....any info would be appriciated....I can send pics if requested

Unstruck, I was buying coffee at a burger king on the Maine turnpike about ten years ago. The kid behind the counter banged open a roll of pennies. Every one of them was a planchet. His comment "what the....." I ended up with three of them.:doah: In hind sight I shoud have insisted he give me all my change in pennies. Worth at one time about a dollar each....Gil

I've found several dimes mixed in with pennies. Other finds include 2 Panama cents, Swedish 50 Ore, Norwegian 50 Ore, Bahamian cent. I guess the strangest finds were 2 plastic play-pennies.

hey i live in bc 2

I do Canadian Pennies and Nickels and so far my oldest Canadian penny was a 1920 King George V (1st year of the small Canadian penny)
I also got two 1909 VDB(no s ) Wheaties in one roll from the bank.

Oldest Can. nickel was a 1943,oldest American nickel was a 1946 Jefferson.

My last $25 box of pennies came with a 1967 silver dime in one of the rolls,a 1st for me.

hey richard i live in bc too! and i was wondering that how do i do coin roll hunting???? do i just go to the bank and say i need a box of nickels, or a roll of nickels or do i need an account??? what bank do i have to go to??? im 13 years old so i have no account and my parents do not have a bussiness account so i neeed to know how to do CRH!! what coins should i get? what bank to go to like BMO, TD, or etc..... pls tell me asap!!!

I think I know.

What's scapping pennies? :?:

I think I know what scrapping pennies is. I beleive it is just melting them for their copper content. And yes I beleive it is against the law. One person earlier stated not selling them on ebay. Selling them is a lot different than melting them.

HH Michael

I got a $25 box of pennies the other day and only found 1 Wheat! I was so mad. lol.

Back
Top Bottom