Garrett at pro settings?

younghunt

What are some good settings for the garrett at pro in custom mode for...
Coins?
Silver coins?
Jewlery?
Relics?
What notches to turn on and off, dicrimation, sensitvity, iron setting?
Im going on a hunt tomarrow and will prmarly be after silver coins using the 5x8 coil! Thanks for your Help!

Theres no "perfect" setting to find these things in my opinion. If I was new to the pro and did not want to get frustrated digging lots of trash, try this. Notch out everything under 70, that way you will find pennies, dimes, quarters, and sum jewelry comes in at this range too. You will miss nickels this way but will not dig pull tabs all day and be discouraged. Iron disc is up to you and the site, if it has a lot of iron, go higher with the iron disc, not much iron go lower. Relics come in at all ranges, depending what they are made of and how big, deep they are. Hope this helps!

Forgot to tell you about the sensitivity, I run mine wide open. If you are around powerlines, above you or underground you might not be able to run full. Just back it down a notch at a time till its stable.

Theres no "perfect" setting to find these things in my opinion. If I was new to the pro and did not want to get frustrated digging lots of trash, try this. Notch out everything under 70, that way you will find pennies, dimes, quarters, and sum jewelry comes in at this range too. You will miss nickels this way but will not dig pull tabs all day and be discouraged. Iron disc is up to you and the site, if it has a lot of iron, go higher with the iron disc, not much iron go lower. Relics come in at all ranges, depending what they are made of and how big, deep they are. Hope this helps!

Im pretty experienced with the at pro and dont mind digging junk to get the good stuff...

You confused me to thinking you were new to the pro, asking pretty much how to use the detector.

I started out not going after lower numbered signals. Try a test on some different size gold rings ect. You'll change your mind about signals hitting in the 50s even 40s. At the beach and in the water i dig it all.

Pretty much any settings will find you silver, good luck tomorrow & hope to see you posting some old coins after your hunt..

You confused me to thinking you were new to the pro, asking pretty much how to use the detector.

Na...i mean im still learning but ive had it seince december, i prevoulsy owned a bounty hunter fast tracker...but i did insaine amounts of research befor picking a detector so i know quite abit about the pro...but thank you!

If I were you; run pro audio, zero descrim w/ iron descrim at 30-35. Call it a day and good luck

Notching out stuff is not really necessary unless youre hunting in a junk yard. Just my .02 cents

KT also was hoping to get some good tips on setting up some custom settings for what He decided to hunt...but alas and alack, seems no one is sharing any cutsom settings at this time...KT does not care and certainly understands that different places call for different settings, but come on folks....some one out there has some experience....share some of your settings for hunting different things, we can adjust the basics to what OUR conditions are!

Tell us what you are having success with!

I run Pro Zero mode, nothing notched out, iron around 30-35, iron off til I need to check a target. Way too much iron in the ground around here to have it on.

Only reason I suggested notching is younghunt's post made me think he was new to the pro. It can be frustrating to dig trash all day being new.

Relics, jewelry, can come up anywhere so I dont think theres any way to set the detector up to dig certain items. Coins are the only things I have found that comes up pretty much all the time in the same range. I decide what I dig on age of location, solid signal or not, what Im after, how deep, what VDI the detector shows, then process this info on what I think it is, and do I want it. Pretty much if it is a solid hit, I dig it.

The AT Pro is not a depth demon. If you want to get the most out of it use it to take advantage of what it does really well. ZERO discrimination across the board including iron. Head for the iron infested zones everyone avoids and go very slow and listen for high tones. Dig one way high tone signals. Done with the 5 x 8 coil. Hunt it from two different directions.

The AT Pro has great great audio and fast recovery. Masked targets are what you want. Forget really deep targets.

The AT Pro is not a depth demon. If you want to get the most out of it use it to take advantage of what it does really well. ZERO discrimination across the board including iron. Head for the iron infested zones everyone avoids and go very slow and listen for high tones. Dig one way high tone signals. Done with the 5 x 8 coil. Hunt it from two different directions.

The AT Pro has great great audio and fast recovery. Masked targets are what you want. Forget really deep targets.

Yes and no. My son pulled a V nickel at 10 inches, and just today I pulled 2 IHs at 6-7 and a 51 Rosie on edge at 6. Is it great at depth, no, but you can learn to listen to it. Whispers in Pro mode will give you hints. Take it slow, run it wide open if you can and run iron audio on. one way hits that sound good in clear spots and repeatable high tones in trash will pay off. GL and be ready to dig a lot of trash. It will pay off.

I run pro mode zero iron disc at 35 and flip on the iron audio to check a target.

In trashy areas the amount of noise can be overwhelming. I'm mainly on beaches right now before they get busy so I want to hear everything and dig every solid signal until I'm exhausted.

Later in the season when I want to just hit coins I'll notch out everything under 70 and let her rip.

KT also was hoping to get some good tips on setting up some custom settings for what He decided to hunt...but alas and alack, seems no one is sharing any cutsom settings at this time...KT does not care and certainly understands that different places call for different settings, but come on folks....some one out there has some experience....share some of your settings for hunting different things, we can adjust the basics to what OUR conditions are!

Tell us what you are having success with!

I don't mind sharing my settings... :lol:
Everything in my signature I've found this year with the At-Pro, I also have pictures of the coins in my album & the dates & places I found them.. Not super impressive but still not bad..

These are my setting that I use everytime I hunt with the Stock 8.5x11 coil & have used these settings for over a year now.. I've dug coins anywhere from a couple inches to a good foot deep, my settings may or may not work for you in your ground conditions..

Settings:....Pro custom.. Iron Disc 26, Nothing notched out, Sensitivity 1 bar from max, Iron audio off & only use to check iffy targets, Freq Adj set on F2, I don't ground balance this machine I always leave GB set on 81 & have had awesome luck by doing this.. I think that covers about everything...

You can actually miss some silver in Zero mode people are starting to notice and post. My best guess with my experience and what others have posted is the fast recovery is too fast to hear a faint high tone in the middle of other tones even on a slow swing. Running 70 or 75+ notching out all others with the highest possible sensativity for your location and detuning your ground balance might surprise you. I found 4 quarters in a small area no larger than 4 by 8 feet that I completely missed before with the Ace and the ATPro in several previous settings. They were not terribly deep either. 4-6 inches. This happened after detuning then the last two quarters were found at 70+ notching out all others. I stopped at a kids charm necklace I missed previously too.

I used the AT Pro for awhile. The absolute best way to set this AT Pro is ZERO disc. Run it wide open, sensitivity as high as it can stand in the area and manually set the ground balance at 72-75. Unless you are at a beach or something. Trust me it is the best way...If you are experienced with the machine, you should know every sound it puts out and dont mind all the iron chatter...

Another reason for running it wide open is getting maximum depth. I have had coins at the 10"-12" depth. Also like another said is listen for the whispers. And lastly if you get what you think is a good hit, turn 90 degrees. If it still hits the same it is probably a good target, meaning not iron. But deep iron will trick this machine. But if you turn 90 degrees and the signal disappears, it is most likely trash...

I used the AT Pro for awhile. The absolute best way to set this AT Pro is ZERO disc. Run it wide open, sensitivity as high as it can stand in the area and manually set the ground balance at 72-75. Unless you are at a beach or something. Trust me it is the best way...If you are experienced with the machine, you should know every sound it puts out and dont mind all the iron chatter...

Another reason for running it wide open is getting maximum depth. I have had coins at the 10"-12" depth. Also like another said is listen for the whispers. And lastly if you get what you think is a good hit, turn 90 degrees. If it still hits the same it is probably a good target, meaning not iron. But deep iron will trick this machine. But if you turn 90 degrees and the signal disappears, it is most likely trash...

Sounds like you need to sell your etrac & go back to using the atpro.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom