Country Fairgrounds Hunt

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hunted most of a local country fairgrounds today that had just held a fair over the weekend. It got quite warm and it has been humid but I was able to get out early. The ground here is very dry right now so I did not dig deep signals because of the dryness in the soil. I will go back when we get rain and hunt there again. Surprisingly, most coins were dug and there were very few surface finds. I spoke to the person that maintains this complex and he told me where the parking area was and also the rides for this event. BIG HELP !!! I was able to get $ 7.00 in quarters, $1.30 in dimes and $.018 in pennies which I did not show. The pin is a mystery, maybe someone will know what the name means ? The back of the pin states, pin pros .com, Layton Utah. All in all, it was a fun hunt and I know there is more waiting for me when I go back to this spot. Sure hope we get some rain here. HH and good luck to all.
Bubbaron NOX 600. AT PRO, AT PRO CARROT PIN POINTER

Attachments

• IMG_0005 (2).jpg
    IMG_0005 (2).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0006 (2).jpg
    IMG_0006 (2).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 293
Nice job! The pin is from a archery shoot achievement. They make 3-D targets

I have been noticing on the past few hunts were I expected surface fines I have not been getting very many. Stuff I am getting is from the 1990's and earlier 2000's.

You just never know what you will find and where you will find it.

Ray

Yes, I know what you are saying. The country fair grounds mentioned in this post just had a fair this past weekend with food stands and rides. I expected more new surface finds but only a very few. Almost all the finds I had were from past drops that I had to dig and not from the fair this past week ?? They had a very good turn-out for all three days too. I don't understand. Oh well, I will get back to that site when it's cooler and also if we get some rain. Very dry here.
HH and good luck.
Bubbaron

I have been noticing on the past few hunts were I expected surface fines I have not been getting very many. Stuff I am getting is from the 1990's and earlier 2000's.

You just never know what you will find and where you will find it.

Ray

Yup . Absolutely right. Best I can figure that is the time people started using debit/ bank cards for EVERYTHING...:laughing:. A lot of folks don't carry much cash anymore, much less pocket change. I snag the occasional surface find, but most of my clad is definitely dug...

Back
Top Bottom