need info on makro racer

metaladdict

Elite Member
does anyone know if the racer will work on california black wet saltwater? i have set my sights on this machine for sure.

I was just watching Bill Ladd test one on youtube. He's got a few videos of general hunting and depth tests in highly mineralized sand. Seems to do very well. His name on youtube is Bill Ladd Digfellas.

does anyone know if the racer will work on california black wet saltwater? i have set my sights on this machine for sure.

I think it's safe to say now----for a vlf detector the Racer is at or near the top of the pack when it comes to stability on wet salt beaches.

With this said there are better detectors for the environment you mention.

But IMO if you don't want to tie up $$$$ in a dedicated beach machine and also hunt on land for coins/jewelry/relics, the Racer may be exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I think it's safe to say now----for a vlf detector the Racer is at or near the top of the pack when it comes to stability on wet salt beaches.

But IMO if you don't want to tie up $$$$ in a dedicated beach machine and also hunt on land for coins/jewelry/relics, the Racer may be exactly what you are looking for.

HOLY !!!!!

I had to quote that so it didn't get changed later on. I can't believe you just admitted that there are better options than the Racer regardless of the scenario. I'm freaking out!

A single frequency unit would be my LAST choice on black sand, but if you want the most minimal results, albeit they are results then yup, I'd use it. OR... If you don't have a choice then it's better than dragging your feet through the sand hoping something comes up... If it's all you have then, then it's all you have. :yes:

Detekniks has a new machine coming out that from the sounds of it will trump the Racer through and through for probably the same money. Should know everything by Christmas. I'd be waiting on that to come out first if I were seriously considering a Racer.

I haven't seen test on that sand but east coast wet sand it does very good for vlf. Detectorcomparisions on youtube has some good vids.

my buddys racer does dam good on salt beaches compared to my atp!

Back
Top Bottom