Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 02-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Elite Member

My question is what was the vdi on the chain? If it hit the same as a pulltab then it might not be so great after all...
I can avoid pulltabs, for the most part, with the excal. And for anyone saying if you skip targets you are loosing gold, come play in my waters for a day, there are pulltabs at least every five feet from shore going out to deeper than you can detect standing up, and they get renourished every weekend...

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums have rated post 2893496 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 02-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
My question is what was the vdi on the chain? If it hit the same as a pulltab then it might not be so great after all...
I can avoid pulltabs, for the most part, with the excal. And for anyone saying if you skip targets you are loosing gold, come play in my waters for a day, there are pulltabs at least every five feet from shore going out to deeper than you can detect standing up, and they get renourished every weekend...
It looked like it was hitting on 1/2

Banned Spammers 754

Old 02-14-2018, 01:01 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by staffydog33 View post
Best of wishes to those carrying a tank like the Etrac or crazy priced CTX....but for me, i'll save on the chiropractic bills and buy the Equinox lol

Matt
there is nothing wrong with e-trac not that heavy just gotta be man enough to swing it for a day

best finds to date - 1821 capped bust dime ,1853 seated quarter, (2) 1891 seated dimes, 1874 seated dime, 1887 seated dime love token , 1777 half reale ,1805 drapped bust largie, 1914 barber half dollar,1812 classic head largie, 1864 2 cent piece,(1909 barber half dollar with a 1934 walker half dollar in the same hole together)1952 ben franklin half dollar

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Elite Member

Post Staffydog33

The Etrac is a proven silver slayer, the Equinox 800 won't have the information the CTX3030 gives you before you dig, however i do see an advantage on the beach, speed, lightness, chain detection over CTX , Excal, most everything ML put's out, does a good job, they all have there weaknesses, i am sure i will like my EQ 800 , just like i like all the rest of the ML machines, i am glad to see ML is pushing the future generation of detector's, as i see other manufacturer's that are not keeping up to par , now i look forward to see other manufacturer's jump into the competition, a Plus for detectorist's , the only thing i would have liked would be a pinpoint button like the CTX3030 on the NOX, hope the pinpoint on the screen doesn't ware out , like the Teknetic's- Euro tek Pro's, however the way they have it might be better for water proofing. Happy hunting, Earl

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Sovereign GT, XP Deus , F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 02-14-2018, 03:22 PM
Supporter

I understand people being hesitant on "new technology" claims. You know what they say. "If it sound too good!" But for me my requirements are simple at this stage of the game. Being good on gold was a biggie, but accurate target ID is right there at the top. Good depth is up there, but I still put target ID accuracy in my top needs. So far it seems OK.

I'll know once I get my hand on one.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Elite Member

Wheres my Eq?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:42 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bud-sc View post
https://youtu.be/k8xzHOTxwTg
I can't say that it doesn't raise my eyebrows to watch,,,,,actually watched it last night,,,,,I say different conditions may be different results if it could actually still find the chain or not,,,,,also, if you watch, it appears the guy with the excal is running his coil higher,,,,dunno,,,,I won't be a beta tester but for the price, if it finds chains, I have a nearby beach that is plum full of them near shore and won't have to worry about dunking the machine,,,,,we shall see,,,,GL LHH