Ctx 3030 xchange 2 question

Briman05

Elite Member
I saw where xchange 2 is only supported by Windows. I have a Mac so how can I add programs to my ctx if xchange 2 isn't supported. I didn't realize it was only supported by windows I feel like that is something that should be addressed

I've seen it addressed somewhere, either the Minelab website knowledge base or forum or on one of the Facebook groups. Don't remember where but I do seem to remember there is a workaround... Sorry I can't be more specific.

I know what boot camp is it's basically I virtual box of windows that you can run on macs. But I believe you need a windows installation disk. And I really don't want to partition some of my computers memory for a whole operating system

I am on a Mac also. I have XP installed on my old MacBook Pro but I would rather not use XP.
When I updated my CTX firmware all I had to do was plug it into my Mac and download the firmware from the website. Shouldn't you be able to do the same with a program file?
HH, phil

I don't think so because it is my understanding that the program files can only be opened with xchange 2. And it's not the factory program files I would want it's the specialized programs

Its a pita, but you can enter them manually if you know the settings you want.

Back
Top Bottom