The end of the season looks to be finally in sight

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Well it seems it happens in February every year. Thursday's forecast is calling for 7-10" of the white nightmare. That just about wraps up this season, may get in a final hunt tomorrow where temperatures will be almost 60 :?: that's New England for ya!

Hey approaching mid Feb. , to me were approaching the new season ! I like 35- 40 degrees . The ground with good moisture , No Bugs , grass / weeds at min.and good visibility if your in the woods . So after this storm your getting the best is yet to come ! :grin: HH

Hey approaching mid Feb. , to me were approaching the new season ! I like 35- 40 degrees . The ground with good moisture , No Bugs , grass / weeds at min.and good visibility if your in the woods . So after this storm your getting the best is yet to come ! :grin: HH

I like that! Well put sir! Well it's over now and we got close to 16" :wow: this is a photo after about a foot, picture taken off my front porch. It turned ugly towards the end, very heavy winds and literally "blizzard" conditions. 1 day closer to spring. GL&HH!

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 250
I understand your woes! I live in Oregon, so detecting in standing water is the norm... even in June, on a hilltop...

I feel your pain brother , we only have a couple inches now , we're good for at least two more lake effect storms . It Really is only the wet snow that bothers me , too hard to shouvel and clogs the snow blower. Stay Strong. HH :grin:

Got 8 inches here in Northeast Pa. overnight...Now comes the COLD...Hang in there ..Only 39 days to SPRING

Time to plant...there is a season for everything.

Winter is treasure-planting season, when fingers get cold and skinny-up, and rings fall off into deep snow and snuggle down to the dirt to escape being found until Spring, when we come along to harvest the new crop! :lol:

Coins get dropped into the white stuff, too, and other goodies (like tools) get fumbled due to numb fingers, and fall into the deep, deep snow. :grin:

So! Instead of complaining about the snow, you should be rejoicing! Think of all the goodies waiting under it to be found and harvested! :mder::heartylaugh::egyptian:

"There is a season for every purpose, under heaven."

I feel your pain, Ground has been solid since November :mad:. The only treasure hunting I have been able to do is in the form of research for the upcoming spring. What sucks is we have a teaser of warmer temps today which will only add to my anticipation of spring. But hey just like stated above only a few more weeks to go. Hang in there. :grin:

Greg

Winter is treasure-planting season, when fingers get cold and skinny-up, and rings fall off into deep snow and snuggle down to the dirt to escape being found until Spring, when we come along to harvest the new crop! :lol:

Coins get dropped into the white stuff, too, and other goodies (like tools) get fumbled due to numb fingers, and fall into the deep, deep snow. :grin:

So! Instead of complaining about the snow, you should be rejoicing! Think of all the goodies waiting under it to be found and harvested! :mder::heartylaugh::egyptian:

"There is a season for every purpose, under heaven."

+ 1 , the glass is half full:lol:

76 degrees and sunny here....... Going to hit the beach at low tide Sunday evening..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom