Is this stupid and what would u

Al19067

I just got a Minelab 705 and love it but I been reading great things about fisher f2 and it's only $199, I want to get it for a back and maybe let my brother use it or instead of buying that I was going to get the Minelab 10.5" DD Round Search Coil.what do u guys think? Ps I'm buying my dad the Fisher f2 for his birthday anyway I wonder if a vender would give me a deal if u bought 2 off of them?

Thanks Al

I just got a Minelab 705 and love it but I been reading great things about fisher f2 and it's only $199, I want to get it for a back and maybe let my brother use it or instead of buying that I was going to get the Minelab 10.5" DD Round Search Coil.what do u guys think? Ps I'm buying my dad the Fisher f2 for his birthday anyway I wonder if a vender would give me a deal if u bought 2 off of them?

Thanks Al

Very little markup in the lower end of any manufacturer's lines, possibility of maybe getting a little off on multiple purchases but it won't be a whole lot and these are getting scarce so not many that still stock them.
Low stock levels and limited availability can push a vender to do one of three things...

Raise prices because of short supply but this only works on merchandise that is wildly popular, limited edition sports memorabilia for instance, and in this business raising long established price points is not conducive to keeping customers...I have never seen it happen and even selling up from MAP to MSRP pricing would be silly because all pricing is out there online and easy to compare.
This is an extremely competitive business with relatively low markups compared to many other products and most smaller venders make their profit by expanding their customer base...nobody is getting rich on profits from sales on most individual units that aren't priced in the thousands.

Keep the price the same and sell off remaining stock trying to make whatever profit they can while they have them.

Lower the price to cost or sometimes even below that and dump remaining stock to free up money to buy more stock in other lines.
Loss leaders is the term we use in retail.

Multiple purchases can sometimes motivate some venders to not so much lower prices but sweeten up the deal with other low price or free products or accessories....bundling.

You will never know what will happen till you ask.

Support the sponsors , they will do their best, like having a spare MD ,
Great answer from Digger. HH

Very little markup in the lower end of any manufacturer's lines, possibility of maybe getting a little off on multiple purchases but it won't be a whole lot and these are getting scarce so not many that still stock them.
Low stock levels and limited availability can push a vender to do one of three things...

Raise prices because of short supply but this only works on merchandise that is wildly popular, limited edition sports memorabilia for instance, and in this business raising long established price points is not conducive to keeping customers...I have never seen it happen and even selling up from MAP to MSRP pricing would be silly because all pricing is out there online and easy to compare.
This is an extremely competitive business with relatively low markups compared to many other products and most smaller venders make their profit by expanding their customer base...nobody is getting rich on profits from sales on most individual units that aren't priced in the thousands.

Keep the price the same and sell off remaining stock trying to make whatever profit they can while they have them.

Lower the price to cost or sometimes even below that and dump remaining stock to free up money to buy more stock in other lines.
Loss leaders is the term we use in retail.

Multiple purchases can sometimes motivate some venders to not so much lower prices but sweeten up the deal with other low price or free products or accessories....bundling.

You will never know what will happen till you ask.

I want to get the dd coil for my x-terra what is the difference between the 7khz and the 10 khtz I know the 10 is more gold sensitive but can it also pick up coins and silver good too?

I want to get the dd coil for my x-terra what is the difference between the 7khz and the 10 khtz I know the 10 is more gold sensitive but can it also pick up coins and silver good too?

That's not very much difference in frequency. From 7kHz to 44kHz would be much more dramatic, so I don't think you'll see significant improvement on just jumping up 3kHz. You'll probably see more difference in coil shape/design than that frequency shift.

That's not very much difference in frequency. From 7kHz to 44kHz would be much more dramatic, so I don't think you'll see significant improvement on just jumping up 3kHz. You'll probably see more difference in coil shape/design than that frequency shift.

I'm sorry it's 7khz and 18khz

Will the 18khz be just as good on coins and silver to? Just

Supposedly not. Here is a short summary of high vs low frequency.

http://www.bestmetaldetectorguide.com/best-metal-detector-frequency/

The lower frequencies are better at sniffing out high conductor targets (silver). The high frequency detectors are better at targeting low conductors (gold, iron).

If you think about consumer options of jewelry, most gold items we find will be pretty small compared to what the cost would be of making the same item out of a different metal. You could buy a huge silver necklace compared to the cost of buying a tiny gold ring.

Both low and high frequencies will hit hard on a 1oz gold bar, but the higher frequency detector should pick out a tiny 1/8th gram gold earring better than a low frequency detector because of the higher more intense frequency.

I'm sure more people will chime in soon and help clarify this.

Also keep in mind though where you're hunting and what is likely to be found/lost in such areas. If you're hunting in a farm field, it's not very likely much gold jewelry was lost there vs a public beach.

18kHz is not really a super high frequency though compared to other frequencies. Still in the top mid range which is good for targeting pretty much everything.

The Garrett AT Gold runs at 18kHz vs the AT Pro which runs at 12.5kHz. Both are good, but the AT Gold is supposedly more sensitive to small gold.

If you can find a sponsor that has F2 in stock I'm sure they would be willing to help you out on price and discount as the model is discontinued and once existing supply is gone they are gone. Some distributors and dealers still have some F2 stock but the factory is depleted so it's only a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom