etrac finds

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Not much exciting,just the fact these targets were there... Hit a small yard I hit 2 times before with etrac,Difference is I ran auto sensativity today and not manual.
The small religious charm is silver I think,gotta clean it up. Etrac was a nickel hog today though,A Canadian penny and a few wheats.

I think auto has its place,runs very stable and smoothly. Manual sens is a little chatty,could be why I missed these targets.

Attachments

• IMG_20160807_155757.jpg
    IMG_20160807_155757.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 436
Just

Keep in mind that auto is not as deep as manual set wright, you will miss more targets ( Deeper) running auto all the time, so fine tuning manual- will give you the advantage, happy hunting Wood, ? What coil are you running, I don't even use the 11dd, 10x12 & 8x6 sef are my favorates, Earl PS ( When I Get Out ) :lol:

Auto seems to have its place for sure. Better and tighter ID when multiple targets are present....depth can certainly be had in a cleaner area with manual. Remember to search for and READ Randy Hortons synopsis of both modes and what they're doing when you select one. I run manual WHEN I CAN,but not always,even at lower levels. But that's ME.

Keep in mind that auto is not as deep as manual set wright, you will miss more targets ( Deeper) running auto all the time, so fine tuning manual- will give you the advantage, happy hunting Wood, ? What coil are you running, I don't even use the 11dd, 10x12 & 8x6 sef are my favorates, Earl PS ( When I Get Out ) :lol:

I run the tornado coil and sharpshooter..but that day I had the pro coil on...I us to think the pro coil was the best but I'm not so sure anymore.i had a xterra 705 by minelab also,and the nel coils on that machine just left minelabs in the dust,so I'm kinda thinkin the same on the etrac with what I'm finding at greater depths than the pro coil

Auto seems to have its place for sure. Better and tighter ID when multiple targets are present....depth can certainly be had in a cleaner area with manual. Remember to search for and READ Randy Hortons synopsis of both modes and what they're doing when you select one. I run manual WHEN I CAN,but not always,even at lower levels. But that's ME.

I agree, manual may go deeper in clean soil but so far for me, auto does better getting through my mineralized soil and around trash.

Some nice finds.

My experiences with rehunting sites using etrac.

What I discovered,,,running higher manual sensitivity and hunting sites,,,if I went back and hunted in auto,,,,most of the time the finds I would find would be shallower,,not deeper-- using same coil.

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom