Where to go for a MD-ing Vacation

curious1

I'm thinking about treating myself to a vacation where I can do a lot of metal detecting. I live in Minnesota and the ground is frozen solid, so I'll need to get somewhere south.

Any recommendations where the treasure could be found and the laws allow it?

Hey Curious1, I'm looking at the same thing...somewhere just to the edge of the frost line with overcast conditions and 40degree temps...Nearly left this am at 4...couple hundred miles, watching the weather forecasts and checking out areas via satellite...
Mud

.... Any recommendations where the treasure could be found and the laws allow it?

Lots of retired "snow-birds" head south to the deserts of AZ, NM, CA, etc... for the winter. Some of them packing detectors in their RV's. I'm sure most of them are of the caliber to do the obvious beaches, campgrounds, etc... (ie.: not to exotic or hardcore).

As for laws that "allow" it, that's backwards: You're not needing laws that "allow" it (as if you needed a sign or law that said "metal detecting allowed here" type thing). Instead, you only need to look to see if there are laws that PROHIBIT it. If not, then presto, it's not dis-allowed :) And all laws are available to be looked up by the general public.

Naturally avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments, archie conventions, etc...

Back
Top Bottom