New tumbler.

Chipk

Elite Member
Went to Harbor Freight to buy a new dual barrel tumbler but they were out. Bought one of the vibratory 5 pound capacity tumblers and just threw some pennies in it.

However at the very end of the manual it advises against using it with wet mediums. Anybody use one of these? Any problems?

While not a harbor Freight tumbler I have one that I used to use to clean cases when i was reloading. I dump my dirty coins in it and add water to cover the coins and a little dawn dish soap. The drum is rubber so the water won't hurt it. It gets them clean enouh to run through a Coinstar machine. Water woud depend on what you arer using to clean with.

Well I loaded it with a few coins and placed it on the floor and turned on and left. A short time later I heard a loud racket coming from my garage. It seems it had traveled cross the floor and was wedged in a corner and was going nuts.

I’m returning it tomorrow. Lol.

I've used a LORTONE tumbler that I've had since 1984 and it's still going strong. Costs more money than that stuff at Harbor Freight but lasts forever.

Well I loaded it with a few coins and placed it on the floor and turned on and left. A short time later I heard a loud racket coming from my garage. It seems it had traveled cross the floor and was wedged in a corner and was going nuts.

I’m returning it tomorrow. Lol.
Were the coins clean?[emoji2]

HD

Back
Top Bottom