Newbie again, looking for some advice!

I've been reading good things about the X-Pointer since you mentioned it and I think I'm leaning more towards it right now as opposed to the Garrett. Have you noticed any interference on your machine while using the X-pointer? Thanks again for your help!

Thanks everyone! I scored the day off today so I'll be doing some heavy researching and I'll look heavily into the ETP. Such a helpful community here, it's nice to not receive the obligatory "learn 2 search newb!" :lol:

I haven't noticed anything odd, when I'm using the pinpointer my detector is sitting off to my left side. Even with the Garrett I get odd beeps and the same with the Xpointer if I get it close to the F2, but not a problem. I don't hunt with the pinpointer out and turned on, it stays off in my holster until I hit a target.

So thanks to Marc at Hollands Brook, I ended up grabbing one of the F2 packages they were offering. We have a big road trip coming up in a month so I figured I should wait until after that before dropping the bigger money on an ATPro. Plus, most of the water around here is cold as ice anyway so it'll be a couple months before I can be deep enough in water to need the ATP.

Thanks again for all the advice, opinions and suggestions! I'm super excited to try out the F2, I'll be sure to post my first finds :D

So thanks to Marc at Hollands Brook, I ended up grabbing one of the F2 packages they were offering. We have a big road trip coming up in a month so I figured I should wait until after that before dropping the bigger money on an ATPro. Plus, most of the water around here is cold as ice anyway so it'll be a couple months before I can be deep enough in water to need the ATP.

Thanks again for all the advice, opinions and suggestions! I'm super excited to try out the F2, I'll be sure to post my first finds :D

Congrats, I think you'll really enjoy the F2! And we'll be watching for those finds!

The atp pro I think has the 350 built in it then go to the pro settings as you learned the machine....

Had an Ace 350 then upgraded to the Pro. I found that the Ace prepared me well for the Pro, so going straight to Pro mode was not that steep of a learning curve.

I cannot comment on the F2 since I have never used one. But the Ace is a good first machine IMO, especially if you want to eventually upgrade to the AT Pro.

Back
Top Bottom