AT Pro 5x8 Coil Believer....Clad & 925

arw40

Forum Supporter
I`ve had my At Pro for 4 years now and have always made out very well with the stock coil on there. I`ve read all the post here by forum members bragging about how great the 5x8 coil was but I never thought it would make that much of a difference. This winter I decided to invest in the 5x8 but I have just not had the chance to get out and detect since getting it. The kids baseball has taken over my life so I have been very limited on getting out at all this season. Anyways after some hard rain last night I knew the baseball schedule would go to pot so off I went to try out this new coil. I went to a school that I frequent often when I can detect and have been rewarded many times over there with clad and assorted jewelry. I have to say I was truly amazed in the difference from the stock coil to this little beauty. IN about 2 hours I took in a little over $9 in clad, a junk ring and on my way out scored a 925 ring that was about 7 inches deep. Not only is this coil great but it makes the PRO a lot nicer to handle. Just very impressed and wish I had changed it out 4 seasons ago. I think the most impressive thing is the way this coil separates the good tone from the trash. Most finds today were also much deeper targets than in trips past. Not that I was a doubter before I just didnt think the 5x8 would be SO MUCH better than the stock coil especially with the success I have had with the stock one. I would have to say the 5x8 is on there for good....HH All !!

Attachments

• DSCN0544.jpg
    DSCN0544.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN0545.jpg
    DSCN0545.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 313
Tell you what. Get a new site this season and pound it till you're sure it's empty of targets. Put your stock coil back on and see what you see. Btw, nice hunt !

I have had my 5x8 on for about three years now.
This weekend, I pulled the head of a spoon from over 10" deep:shock:

I 100 percent agree with you! The 5x8 is and will be on my ATP from this point forward. I have a whole new fire to hit the parks I have been to already. (150+) Your right, it find the clad and is much more lite then the stock coil.

Glad you had success with the 5x8. I am sure you will continue to hit those big clad totals and even some rings!

HH!

Atpro dude

I 100 percent agree with you! The 5x8 is and will be on my ATP from this point forward. I have a whole new fire to hit the parks I have been to already. (150+) Your right, it find the clad and is much more lite then the stock coil.

Glad you had success with the 5x8. I am sure you will continue to hit those big clad totals and even some rings!

HH!

Atpro dude

Thanks Jason. I am gonna do the same and hit the many schools and parks I go to when and IF I ever get time. I was very impressed though just in the short few hour hunt I was able to get in yesterday..

I love it as well. I use both the stock and 5x8 on most yards I hit. Use the stock first to see how trashy the site is or spots that are real chatty (areas where the coal ash was dumped). Then go over the site again with the 5x8 and really concentrate on the areas where the stock coil had trouble. And I almost always have it on at wooded home sites where it helps navigate brush and tight areas.

Nice finds! I switched to the 5x8 coil on my AT Pro a couple months ago and I absolutely love it...lightweight and very easy to pinpoint with it

Back
Top Bottom