I Talked More Than I Detected Today But I Ended Up With Another Dream Permission

beephead

Elite Member
I decided to go back over a couple of permissions that I've detected previously to give the Deus a good test. The first site that I went to is what I call the no trespassing site. I've been over it several times before and have found plenty of silver coins there.

I decided to use the same settings that I had used on my last hunt. Not expecting to find much because I've hit that site really hard. Well low and behold after about 10 minutes of detecting I find a 1960 Rosie dime right next to a Crepe Myrtle root. I rechecked the hole thinking that there must be some iron or other thrash that had been masking it before. Nothing! I just didn't get my search coil over it before. Satisfied that I've gotten everything in the front yard, I decide leave and head out to another site.

On my way to the other site I saw two gray-haired widow ladies standing on the side walk at a corner house that I had detected before. I pulled over and let down my window and ask how are you ladies doing today? One replied, without! Not sure what she was talking about, I said nice looking dogs you got there.

Long story short, the lady who was walking her dogs lived on the next street over and said she had problem with the drainage in her back yard. I told her that I'm a retired builder and land developer and I would take a look at it after I went back over her friend's yard again.

The only silver coin that I could find on the corner lot was a 1946 Rosie dime and few wheat pennies, so I headed over to see the lady's drainage problem. When got there I realized it was 2 doors down from a house where I found a bunch silver coins. After discussing the drainage problem, I asked her if it would be OK for me to detect her yard. She told me that she used to go with her father detecting years ago near small town just south of there and it would be perfectly fine if I detected her yard.

Wanting to know more about the history of her 1952 house, I asked her how long had she lived there? She said for around 25 years, but she said the lady across the street who bought her home new told her that her kids used to play in her yard all time with the kid's who had lived in her house years ago.

I explained her that kids are important to me because they lose a lot of silver coins while out playing in the yard. I told her I get really excited when I start finding those little toy cars, toy guns, toy soldiers, jacks and marbles. She smile really big and said that she wanted to show me all the marbles that she had found while digging in her flower and shrub beds. It was a half of a pint jar full. If I don't find a bunch of silver coins in that yard I'll be really surprised.

Oh yeah, I handed her a keychain light and thanked her for being so nice for her giving me permission to detect her yard.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 328
Wtg

Way to go getting permission. It seems like I find more silver in 50's homes that the older ones. Not older coins, just more silver. Congrates on the dimes.
HH everyone

:laughing::laughing: You are one silver tongued Devil Beephead! "How ya doing today Ladies?":laughing::laughing:Oh Man! You never disappoint with a post!
Thanks! After one of them asked what I was looking for I said silver coins. I told them that they're probably not old enough to remember, but I remember as a kid carrying silver coins in my pockets. Keep in mind that these ladies probably carried around Barber coins when they were kids. lol

Great job beep ! You have a way with words, and keychains lol congrats and happy hunting!
Thanks! I don't let a opportunity get pass me when it comes to getting permissions. It pays to be nice.

Way to go getting permission. It seems like I find more silver in 50's homes that the older ones. Not older coins, just more silver. Congrates on the dimes.
HH everyone
Thanks! The baby boomers were living in those 50's homes and they had plenty of silver coins to lose.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom