New Permission yeilds 1916 Barber Dime

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
My first silver coin of the year and my first Barber coin.

It was just like one of the video's on YT, I saw the shine and knew it was silver, the only question was, what did I just find.

Barber%20Dime%20B.jpg

Barber%20Dime%20F.jpg

Detector: Vaquero
Depth: 5 or 6 Inches
Date Found: 6 May 2017

HDD

Wow very nice, not sure when the 1916 change took place but that might be just a tad rare since it wasn't minted the entire year.

Wow very nice, not sure when the 1916 change took place but that might be just a tad rare since it wasn't minted the entire year.

I don't know much about researching coins so I went to ebay to see what others were selling for. I noticed some where selling at over a hundred dollars, others were going for a few bucks. This one is in very good condition and looks pretty good compared to some of the other barbers I seen on ebay.

I'll just slide it in a sleeve and put it next to my first Mercury....:D

HDD

I don't know much about researching coins so I went to ebay to see what others were selling for. I noticed some where selling at over a hundred dollars, others were going for a few bucks. This one is in very good condition and looks pretty good compared to some of the other barbers I seen on ebay.

I'll just slide it in a sleeve and put it next to my first Mercury....:D

HDD
I am no coin grader by any stretch, but judging by your somewhat out of focus first photo of coins face with all letters in liberty still legible and even, no mint mark 1916 would grade about vf20. In my 3 year old copy of Redbook of coins that would equal $7.50. Hey thats some new detecting batteries. Congratulations.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I'd guess its in what is called "fine" condition. Perhaps a bit less so on the obverse, or face side. What's impressive is the lack of bag nicks, drill holes, gouges, et c. for a coin in "fine" condition. That bumps its value up, among ones in "fine". I'd call it really nice. Keep on swinging!!

Back
Top Bottom