Another three ringer.

Canerat

Elite Member
This has been a long time coming, finally a good ring two are junkers and the one with the bobby pin is a 5.80 gram platinum. I was out for about 3 hours and making my way back to my car along the water line on an incoming tide, scooped it looked into the scoop and thought great another junker, but was a little surprised that I didn't recognize the sound of junker, I know the sound of junkers every time unless there is another piece of metal near the ring. When I picked it up and felt the weight I almost shouted BOOM BABY. Very happy happy right now.

Attachments

• P_20160424_212127_1.jpg
    P_20160424_212127_1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 319
Nice one there Canerat!! Congratulations on that beauty! Yeah...its the heavy tungstens in the scoop that still fool a guy though! Sounding great through the phones and clanking around like a valuable! Even in hand they feel so nice and heavy!:laughing::mad:

Funny how a guys ears get tuned to the sound of good rings in a scoop and by tone? In pitch black, Even with headphones on a guy can tell...!:laughing: In the dark, I sort of run my fingernail around the inside feeling for hallmarks...amazing how this Sport really sharpens up certain human senses....:laughing: Plats are a tough signal though...same with white gold, both way lower than yellow depending on size and weight...almost like a stainless steel washer..
Mud

Nice !
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.
Nice one there Canerat!! Congratulations on that beauty! Yeah...its the heavy tungstens in the scoop that still fool a guy though! Sounding great through the phones and clanking around like a valuable! Even in hand they feel so nice and heavy!:laughing::mad:

Funny how a guys ears get tuned to the sound of good rings in a scoop and by tone? In pitch black, Even with headphones on a guy can tell...!:laughing: In the dark, I sort of run my fingernail around the inside feeling for hallmarks...amazing how this Sport really sharpens up certain human senses....:laughing: Plats are a tough signal though...same with white gold, both way lower than yellow depending on size and weight...almost like a stainless steel washer..
Mud

Yeah Mud there are a few things that I recognize just by the sound, but not always the only non repeating signal I always dig are the low sounds. Funny thing is I can be digging trash all day with no one in sight, but as soon as I get a beautiful low grunt there will be someone standing there watching my every move, that does my head in. If I'm on the beach I'll make a mark in the sand where the target is and mill about till the person leaves. Tungsten is pretty rare here, I've dug only 3 tungsten rings and 3 platinum. Stainless rings are my nemesis I've dug hundreds.

:dingding:Plat is nice, very nice. Mucho congrats!!

Okay so I predicted wrong. Meant to say I see Platinum for you soon!:lol: Well done! May take me 40 years to hit a Platinum the way it's going:lol:

Grats on the platinum
Thank you.
Okay so I predicted wrong. Meant to say I see Platinum for you soon!:lol: Well done! May take me 40 years to hit a Platinum the way it's going:lol:
Yeah I was expecting a gold too. I predict you find platinum before the end of the year.

Looks like your holding it upside down. . I can't make out the characters. If its 999 it's pretty much the same as 18k..:lol:
That's about the best photo I could take. I think you're mistaken Steve 999 is the same as 24k as far as I know and 18k is 750.

Thank you.

Yeah I was expecting a gold too. I predict you find platinum before the end of the year.

That's about the best photo I could take. I think you're mistaken Steve 999 is the same as 24k as far as I know and 18k is 750.

When you sell it you will get about the same price as 18k.
$1235 for gold and $1015 for 999PT... plus the pt melt is a bit lower becuase of the resources needed to recycle it.

Back
Top Bottom