Wekk I pulled the trigger

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Bought a Garrett Grand Master Hunter model 11902 Off eBay for $132.50. Comes with a 4.5 super sniper, 8. crossfire supreme deep seeker as well as a 11.5 crossfire deep seeker coils and carrying bag as well as misc. digging tools.
Started out 30 years ago with a Garrett BFO unit and have owed a half dozen Whites 6000 DI's but this time had to go cheap and hope for the best.
I am mainly a coin shooter but am planning on doing some 1700's settlements that I have found in my area.
PLEASE tell me that I did not buy a piece of !!!!! Any opinions good or bad are welcome.

It should be comparable to the 6000Di but the machine runs on 6 c cells and will be harder on you. I owned the next step down and considered it to be acceptable if uninspired.

Anyhow, it will be tons better than no detector. And that is a pretty good price given everything that you are getting. You should ask questions about how to get the most out of it while you wait on it to arrive.

Ok I think this pic link will work. Not the best pic but its all I have.
garrettdetector.jpg

As long as it works it's a good detector. The cost of batteries will eventually prompt you to upgrade I think.

Howdy, don't know about that particular unit, but sure sounds like a good deal. Get out there and try her out. Happy hunting! Looking forward to your finds.

Ron

Should be a decent detector , I have a garrett cx 2 I was using it some last year . As others said c batteries are $ & it's notch discrimination doesn't compare to more modern detectors . It should give you decent depth .
Good luck

Anyone know if this will accept a rechargeable battery pack and if so, where I can get one. Have not had much luck with online searches regarding this.

Back
Top Bottom