Is NED Quick To Ship?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I placed an order with New England Detectors on Sunday thinking it would surely ship Monday and I'd already have a tracking number. Do they usually ship in this manner? No shipping notice yet. martin

Thanks, I didn't know that. Being closed didn't keep them from deducting the cash from my bank account though. Not that uncommon these days. martin

They ship pretty quickly but don't expect a tracking # or shipping notification. I'm not knocking them just saying.

Got tracking number before dark and was shipped by dark useing big boy hobbies (Bart).

The dandiest shipping I get is from Indian nations in Oklahoma. All I have ordered from there shipped the same day, and believe it or not, is delivered the next day. Tulsa isn't that far away from North Dallas, but I don't remember ever getting deliveries that fast when I've ordered things from Ft Worth or even Dallas proper. martin

Got tracking number before dark and was shipped by dark useing big boy hobbies (Bart).

Same here!! Bart was there... I have nothing to say about the others because I have not bought anything through them.....

God speed on your wait.....

<*)))>{

I ordered a digger on Dec 11. It arrived by UPS on Dec 14. I did call to be sure it was in stock first. I did not get a tracking number but did request one (twice). Good luck!

And just to update my previous post ... I usually order from Bart at Big Boys. He always answers the phone or calls back quickly if you leave a msg. He has great prices and usually next day shipping on detectors. I only ordered the Sampson digger from NED because it is on sale now.

I know they need to be easier to contact.I told a friend of mine to give them a go.They never answered him.He wound up using Bart and was happy.That is the only one i'm recommending from now on.He bought a CTX by the way.It wasn't some $5 item.You snooze you lose is my motto!

Last edited:
Patience is the key word here. Between the two dealers here one is extremely busy with many employees and the other is a one man show. Huge difference. When I order from NED it usually gets here the next day if I order early enough the previous day. NED is closed Sunday and Monday. There is a reason why NED gets so much high praise around here. Everyone just needs to have a little patience. It will get to you, plus at this time of year, all shipments get alot slower...

Well my patience is wearing thin. I placed an order on-line on the 16th, a Sunday and NED is closed Monday, I grant him that. Money was debited from my account on Monday though. Here it is Friday, no delivery and zero replies to questions sent electronically about shipment or tracking numbers, zilch. So far I am not very impressed at all with my first experience. The communication has been sad. martin

They ship Ups

This is the bussiest time for selling detector's for NED,Tx will take three to 4 day's from the time its scaned in,call NED to get the tracking #,track using http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html,to get a idea how many detector's he ship's out,is a 26 ft pup UPS trailer,this time of year if you wanted it by Christmas ,you should have placed the order earlier,however UPS will get the JOB done,just recently Fedex failed delivery service on my shipment two days in a row,was suposed to get both packages on WED ,found out the shiper used USPS and fedex,i recieved the USPS package on fri before Fedex :no::laughing:,the Fedex package came Saturday ,no attempt wed,thur,fri,made,no fedex for me again around the holidays and will be my last choice for a shiping carrier,happy hunting Earl PS CALL,get the tracking # use the tracking site,you will know when,it will be delivered !

I bought my Tejon from New England Detectors, had it in my hands in under a week. It even came with a free Lesche, which was a nice surprise.

I called Bart Tuesday at lunch time to order an E-trac. He sent me shipping confirmation the same day. I just checked and it's on the truck out for delivery today. I thought that was impressive for this time of the year.

FWIW,

about a month ago, I placed an order on a Friday morning. I did not receive it until a full week later. That was to the midwest.

Back
Top Bottom