We are getting real close to taking a look

Acey

In the spring I told you all about the possibility of a Georgia Regiment, one month camp being in the neighbor. At that time I mentioned the field was planted in corn and we would have to wait till the fall to see if there was any truth to the story. Turns out it was planted in cotton, not corn. Corn is all picked and the farmer is picking cotton in other fields, getting closer and closer to where the camp is suppose to be. Even after it is picked we will probably wait till the stalks are cut before hunting it. I will give you all a report once we take a look. Just giving you an update and letting you know I
haven't forgot you.

Acey

Sounds good , their is probably some civ scattered about in the a joining fields also, I would hunt all of it I could.

Looks like next week, either middle of the week or late in the week. Went over to Franklin this morning and as I usually do, for the past two weeks or so, went past the field to see if there was any activity. Low and behold, there was a tractor pulling an 8 row stalk cutting mower working the field. Should be done by lunch time or shortly after. My brother wants to drive down from Washington D.C. to go into the field on our first trip so I'll call him over the weekend and depending on when he can come will govern what day we go. He's never went civil war relic hunting and he's all fired up. I'll keep you all up to date.

Acey

Well????

How'd it go? Just checking some old subscriptions before I delete them...

Back
Top Bottom