Sting rays hurt like hell

I got the scoop today. So light in the box I thought it was something else. I think I'll repair the TRex for the rocks and use the stealth for those long Sandy walks. And YOU WISH I'd give up. That would double your finds. EACH

That looks like it really hurt. I have never been stung by one. I have heard they are up there with the most painful stings. I bet that will be a barber dime you will never forget finding. lol.

Get well. Antibiotics and keep it clean. Id soak that puppy for over an hour in 5050 water peroxide. Tis a puncture wound. Gl keep us posted. -Joe

Sting rays hurt. Went through my 6mm water boot and thrashed like hell til the barb broke luckily not in me.. I was in a rocky section of a Cove about waist-deep. all of a sudden something ripped into me and started thrashing the hell out of my foot nearly dropping me in the water I screamed like a little girl.. lol.. Got a barber dime before it happened though.

Sting ray

You must be in the south,here in texas there so many wade fishermen and so many get hit ,the barb sometimes will not come out.Secret is drag your feet and do not step on them-----OUCH:shock:

Damn, after your's and Crumble's post, and our friend getting stung, thinking about staying out of the water...... :(

Got hit with a ray barb one day out fishing when it got in the boat. Ended up in the emergency room. Almost had to call the Coast Guard to come take me in as I was dizzy and didn't think I could run the boat. After about half hour that passed so drove it back to dock. At the hospital the nurse wrapped my ankle in a hot towel due to the swelling, thought I was going to die with the pain. Doctor came in and after looking at chart asked if that really was a ray sting. Said yea and it's killing me. He said, wrong temp, and wrapped in an ice pack. burning immediately stopped. Probing to make sure the barb was out was fun too. Heat brings out the poison, cold stops it. Reversed of what you might think. I respect those buggers now.

My pair of the Ray guards boots arrived. Not only are they too big (should have ordered a size down), but these will never stop a stingray barb. Returning them.

Back
Top Bottom