No Pictures, It Didn't Happen... oh it HAPPENED!

robby4570

Elite Member
Magic Seaweed said 0 to 1 foot with 1.5 foot swells at 7 seconds with a 5 mph SW wind... THEY KINDA BLEW IT.

But I was geared up (water temp was a brisk 71 degrees) and at the beach so I figured "what the heck, I've been out in worse"

So, here's the proof it happened made with KINEMASTER app completely from my phone. My two and a half hour hunt got me 2 quarters, a dime and a "Felix" penny along with some assorted trash and of all things, much more glass than I have ever seen in 3 hunts! Seems like each scoop had some broken glass in it :shock: .

Thanks for lookin'!

Water looks great! 2-1/2 hours yielded $0.61???? Sounds like you were hunting in Jax / St. Aug area. lol

Water looks great! 2-1/2 hours yielded $0.61???? Sounds like you were hunting in Jax / St. Aug area. lol

Yep, but the current along the beach was awful, it was running near parallel at enough speed to push my coil all over the place and lots of weeds blowing by. Probably one of the worst water days we've ever had here in PCB. The waves were breaking OVER me a lot of the time so they were about a foot and a half MORE than the predicted 1 foot waves. Add to that all the sand we have right now making all the targets deep and, yeah, I'm happy to not get skunked. But I got out in the water again and that's what it's all about anyway...

It had me scratching my head. I had intended on a road trip....... but the swell chart said..... dont go. I was to lazy to do sand this morning.:laughing: Anyway by 9 i didnt see wind or any reason i should have stayed home. NOW thou the wind is kicking........ so thanks to your post i dont feel quite so bad about it. Well except i was up a 5 ready to go..........

Dew

My beach is also full of broken glass, just in the past 2 days I've removed 6 bottle bottoms with sharp edges, that were sitting on the surface, and small splinters in every scoop.

Back
Top Bottom