My upcoming search

Mottz

Forum Supporter
I got sent to a jobsite today to start digging out under a house to put in a new basement. I was cleaning round the house for our beams to sit and knocked off a concrete lid. An old, buried cistern. Looks like it may have some goodies in it. Now to get to it to start collecting. Again, sorry for the big pics but they help show what's down there.
70CFEFE7-043F-49B2-9706-A54C9C916D52_zpszpglxl3c.jpg

52CBAAF1-6826-4F7E-B194-2BE89AD6ADDA_zpsvv7bcqt3.jpg

8A1743CD-DAC3-4A77-9F6D-54307A4533CA_zpsy1yjwt8x.jpg

Great old milk can to start with! Can't wait to see what goodies you pull out of there!

hell man what are you waiting for , I would be down there in two seconds .

I can't get down in there with the homeowner lurking around. He's paying me to work LOL but by early next week, we should be getting to that side of the basement. Which means bust that bad boy open and see what I can find:yes:

Well, my hopes for cool finds was shattered today. We busted through the side of it and I started sifting through. My 1st grab was the milk can. But only half was left. Grabbed other cigar tins and such and they were all rusted. All that stuff that you see in the pics was sitting on top of muck and water that was still in the cistern. It was a mess that I was not expecting. 1 bottle that looked like a keeper broke as I pulled it out. So the remnants of the cistern are now in a farmers pit. But, I am lucky for 1 reason. I almost jumped down in there last week to get a look. Glad I waited otherwise I think I would of sank.:shock::lol:

Back
Top Bottom