Fair rates on silver?

mws_1984

Elite Member
Looking on Craigslist and found a guy buying silver. I don't have much but wondering if these are reasonable rates or could I get better elsewhere? I may hold off because this guy wants them brought to him. That's an hour away for me almost so not sure $25 or so is worth it for me based on what I do have to offer.

If you'll bring them to me, I'll pay spot price for silver (currently about $16.35 per oz.) for your coins, which means around $12.65 for a silver dollar, $5.91 for a half, $2.95 for a quarter, $1.18 for a dime and $ .92 for a war nickel.

Right now only have 3 dimes, 9 war nickels and also another collectable coin that would be good for melt I'd imagine.

Spot silver has dropped almost 75 cents an oz the same day you posted.

I would not be selling at these prices, but holding, especially that small amount.
If it were me, selling to the guy on Craigslist, I might break even on the gas cost and my time, I don't see the point.

Hard to find a local dealer paying spot prices.
Like the OP mentioned, probably better to sell on this site.

Spot silver has dropped almost 75 cents an oz the same day you posted.

I would not be selling at these prices, but holding, especially that small amount.
If it were me, selling to the guy on Craigslist, I might break even on the gas cost and my time, I don't see the point.

Hard to find a local dealer paying spot prices.
Like the OP mentioned, probably better to sell on this site.

Yeah I had someone on here contact me about them. Then I just went to check the silver price. Down. And I checked the history. It's gone down a lot since June to. I may just hold onto these for now. Sure I could use the $ but to know the price could go up again would kill me if I sold it and the it goes up or something lol.

Oh i forgot, keep in mind even cull Morgan and Peace dollars normally carry quite a bit of premium over spot. On average, expect to pay $20 ea.

Back
Top Bottom