The thing I hate about the ATPro....

SavingThePast

Forum Supporter
Is no longer a problem! I kept telling myself if I ever owned another I was going to modify the headphone connector. Well, I received my new ATPro today and decided to get to work. I have a few ctx male and female connectors from when I was doing some headphones(my current gg amphibians use the ctx connector also) and I decided it was time to put a female connector to use and get the headphone cord out of the way. That darn cord used to drive me nuts with my other unit. Long story short, here are some pics of my new setup..completely waterproof this way as I never could understand the hp adaptor and losing the waterproof feature...even uses a little screw on cap like the ctx does so if you want to take it in water without headphones you can. my next step is to put a ctx male connector on the end of the transmitter of my new set of Auvio wireless headphones so I can also be wire free when wanted...What do you all think? To me, this is how Garrett should have done it to begin with..

Attachments

• IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_1282.JPG
    IMG_1282.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_1283.JPG
    IMG_1283.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 928
Love it! The stock headphone wire is one big pain in the back side. I think about the wire more than the tones. Every time you make a wide swing it pulls an ear cup down.

Looks like a professional job. Where did you buy the connectors? Do you have any more information on the wireless setup?

Looks like a professional job. Where did you buy the connectors? Do you have any more information on the wireless setup?

the wireless setup is going to be the auvio 33-283 headphones but instead of having to run an inline volume adaptor and stuff like the posts you see on here I am going to open the transmitter up and install a short cable to replace the 3.5 jack coming out of it and install a male ctx connector on the end with a 10k ohm resistor saudered in it(if this step isnt done you have to use an inline volume control because there is an impedance mismatch and the atpro speaker will not shut off even with headphones connected). The transmitter will then mount right on the side of the lower armcuff leg and should be a nice clean setup for my land hunts and being able to be wireless...

Awesome! Does it get caught up with your elbow at all? I lay my detector down next to me and pass dirt and the plug past the coil. Would this set up be an issue for that would it pull on the headphone cord being at the back like that? But looks awesome I hate the cord always dangling in the way!

Awesome! Does it get caught up with your elbow at all? I lay my detector down next to me and pass dirt and the plug past the coil. Would this set up be an issue for that would it pull on the headphone cord being at the back like that? But looks awesome I hate the cord always dangling in the way!

I was messing around with it last night after getting it done and it never once got in the way... I put the headphones on with the cord running down my back instead of the front and it is completely out of the way....worlds better than that stock setup which I also couldnt stand... I dont know about when passing dirt ofver the coil and it pulling on the headphones. never tried that I was doing it as if I was setting the detector down to my side as I was digging a hole and using my pp...

I think it's genius! I can't count how many times I've pull my headphones off. Or almost cut through them when I lean over to dig a plug. Manufactures should pay attention to this. Little things like this that make the world of differance!

Thanks awesome idea, I just got my machine recently and I cant stand the way it is set up. I also don't like the no backlight situation.

KC

I don't run my at pro with the cord coming out the back, I tried it and didnt like it, I just run the wire in front of the control box, works perfect. :)

Cool mod for those who like that type of set up :)

Thanks awesome idea, I just got my machine recently and I cant stand the way it is set up. I also don't like the no backlight situation.

KC

yeah, the backlight is another thing that has bugged me on each of the prior ones I owned... I am working on a solution kc... check out the video on this site.. https://www.thegrommet.com/thumb-lite-small-stick-on-led-light

that would work perfect besides the fact you have to hold the little button down for it to light up. It needs an actual on off button. there a similar ones out there and even one that shines in red which might be even better but so far I have not found one with an on off button. They work perfect though as far as sticking it on the screen and it showing across it when activated...

Back
Top Bottom