My best relic find EVER! ~CW Sword belt Plate~UPDATED INFO!!!!!!!

Wow, what a great find! Big congrats! It's hard to imagine the history of where that has been and who wore it! Could it have been a soldier marching off to war? Or a veteran farmer working the fields after the war wearing it proudly? Congrats again on an awesome find!

NICE FIND! Congrats. I'm glad you knew enough to be excited in the field. I missed out on that part when I found mine. I mean I was excited I found something neat but I didn't have a clue what it was until I posted on the "ID Finds" forum and one of the member here told me what I had.

Mine was an odd find to as it was here in Western Montana. I was hunting a field where a house once stood. My guess is many civil war vets moved West after the end of war. I think someone told me mine was an 1853 issue but likely made in 1862? I forget but here is a link to the thread and some pictures of mine.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=146715&highlight=sword+plate+montana

Attachments

• droid old 191.jpg
    droid old 191.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 252
NICE FIND! Congrats. I'm glad you knew enough to be excited in the field. I missed out on that part when I found mine. I mean I was excited I found something neat but I didn't have a clue what it was until I posted on the "ID Finds" forum and one of the member here told me what I had.

Mine was an odd find to as it was here in Western Montana. I was hunting a field where a house once stood. My guess is many civil war vets moved West after the end of war. I think someone told me mine was an 1853 issue but likely made in 1862? I forget but here is a link to the thread and some pictures of mine.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=146715&highlight=sword+plate+montana
that is an awesome plate, thanks for sharing it!

Wow, what a great find! Big congrats! It's hard to imagine the history of where that has been and who wore it! Could it have been a soldier marching off to war? Or a veteran farmer working the fields after the war wearing it proudly? Congrats again on an awesome find!
Milco, I am 99% sure the owner of the property was indeed the owner of the belt plate, the owner listed on the 1872 map was indeed an officer in the civil war

That is so awesome to find it as well as being able to connect it to the person who lived there. You should try to find out where he is buried and get a pic of his headstone.

Can we get a pic of the back?

That is so awesome to find it as well as being able to connect it to the person who lived there. You should try to find out where he is buried and get a pic of his headstone.

Can we get a pic of the back?
i located his burial location and plan on getting a pic! My dad actually suggested I included it in my display

Congratulations on the awesome find.
How you could find a CW buckle in Ohio isn't nearly as troubling as to why we don't find more relics and coins from 1800's Europe here along the Puget Sound coast.
With names like Evanger, Doering, Gimel and Light sprinkled throughout the Puget Sound region, there should be loads of German, Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian relics left from these early settlers.
Many of those pioneers who arrived in Steilacoom and the Puyallup River Valley came to this area directly from their European homeland.
Surely they carried coins and jewelry and, hopefully someday I'll be posting a 18?0's something they've lost.
Congrats again on the mind blowing buckle.
GL and HH

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Hand held

Back
Top Bottom