My best relic find EVER! ~CW Sword belt Plate~UPDATED INFO!!!!!!!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Yesterday I went to a field that I hunted last year and it was in corn last season. I got a large cent, some indians, shield nickel, CW buttons, assorted relics etc.....I wanted to return this year when it was a nice flat cut bean field hoping for more goodies. This site was on the 1872 map and gone by the 1914 map, so gone for 100+ years. Started getting signals right off the bat and I couldn't believe how much was missed because of the previous years corn stalks. I got a screaming 07-49 signal and it sounded sweet. This site is right at 1/2 mile off the road, so I knew it was NOT a beer can lol. I took two big scoops out and checked the hole, now it was a solid 12-47 from both directions....oh boy I am thinking a large cent or big silver. I put my pinpointer in the hole and at the bottom of the hole it goes off, I brush away some dirt and see a flat brass looking thing standing straight up and down on edge. I pull it out and at first I am greatly disappointed as I thought it was a brass door lock thingee.....lol, then I wiped away some dirt and saw the eagle on the plate, I about fell over....I jumped up and started screaming like a fool! I was so happy as I never DREAMED, I would EVER find a CW sword plate in NW Ohio. This will be a memorable day for a long time for me.......by far my BEST relic ever!!!!

Attachments

• Terry and belt plate.jpg
    Terry and belt plate.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,652
  • fresh dug belt plate.jpg
    fresh dug belt plate.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,654
  • plate on etrac.jpg
    plate on etrac.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,631
  • 10-26-14.jpg
    10-26-14.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,642
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,640
Wow!! Congrats on history save! I'm sure that will be a hard one to top.

you hadn't found a belt plate yet? :shock::shock: Well, congrats on a beauty of a find. You deserve it man. :congras:

Beautiful plate! Big congrats G4E! I always amazed at the CW relics you find up there. I guess a lot of Union veterans wore their uniforms for farming and every day work after they returned from the war. Great save!

Wow... great find G4E! You have definitely earned that one. Way to add another great item to the G4E museum!

Back
Top Bottom