pinpointer advice

badwhiskey

I know garretts is a good one any others that work just as good and a bit cheaper?

Every thing that I have herd about the X pointer is very good pin pointer. My hunting buddy just picked one up, and he lovers it.

I know garretts is a good one any others that work just as good and a bit cheaper?

Defining "just as good" to mean detection range...

The Xpointer is cheaper and has been pretty well tested by forum members to be at least as good as the Garrett.

The Minelab and Kellyco Vulcan can be found cheaper than the Garrett. Not too much data on performance is out there, but as I recall, they are somewhat comparable to the Garrett.

The Fisher/Bounty Hunter are cheaper, but have been pretty consistently found to have much worse performance than the Garrett, so don't meet your criteria. Ditto the Harbor Freight -- way cheaper than Garrett but performance similar to the Fisher/BH.

TRX is out because it costs more than the Garrett, but it is superior in performance.

Jury is still out on the new Makro pinpointer, but it does cost a hair less than the Garrett.

Ok I just watched a bh pinpointer video review...that thing sux..i have used a garretts and I liked its performance...i think I will save for the x pointer! Thanks guys

Ok I just watched a bh pinpointer video review...that thing sux..i have used a garretts and I liked its performance...i think I will save for the x pointer! Thanks guys

The BH pinpointer is not as bad as everyone says.
Just need to re-tune it each time you turn it on.

I used one for over a year and I thought it worked great

Ok I just watched a bh pinpointer video review...that thing sux..

Yeah maybe, but it sux a lot less than what you are currently using, which is nothing. I started with, and still have my HF Pinpointer. I did a few mods on mine though to make it a better pinpointer.

Papa

The Cen-tech pinpointer is much better than the BH/Fisher pinpointer. The main reason the BH pinpointer came out was to be included in Kellyco bundles, right beside the replica Spanish coin!

The bh pointer the guy literly had to touch the targets...sux

Because he doesn't know how to tune it properly!!!!
mine will detect from 1 - 1 1/2" when properly tuned.
problem is it needs tuned every time you turn it on.

there are a lot of guys that like/use the BH pinpointer - just need a pinpointer to work at about 1-2". You don't need one that can detect at 4-5 inches - that is why you have a metal detector.

not telling you which one to buy but just telling you DONT believe everything you hear about the BH/Fisher pinpointer.

I now use the Garrett pinpointer but at times I find myself missing my BH pinpointer.

Nobody wants to turn a knob and tune a pinpointer every time you turn it on! This is the best thing Garrett did. Auto tune. The Xpointer IS auto tune - has more features and costs less with the same 2 year warranty. Just search youtube and compare.

Nobody wants to turn a knob and tune a pinpointer every time you turn it on! This is the best thing Garrett did. Auto tune. The Xpointer IS auto tune - has more features and costs less with the same 2 year warranty. Just search youtube and compare.

Accurate

I have a Garrett's pointer and so far it's good. One thing you must do, is keep a fresh battery in it, or it will act up. I found this out, so any time it acts up change the battery.:cool:

I agree with you - it was a pain. It was all i had at the time so i got used to doing it. But in the end the pinpointer did work and worked well.

I have used the Garrett PP and it has worked well for me. Call Bart at Big Boys for a great deal on one.I am interested in the new Makro PP but will wait to see how it does after it has been out a while.

Thanks Bart, I know you will keep us informed. This Makro looks to be a game changer for sure:yes:

Back
Top Bottom