• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Detector repair test hunt= silvers!

Captain Silver

Elite Member
After yesterday's fun time out in the woods:roll: I woke up too hurt to try that again today...Instead, I took the repaired F75 LTD to one of the local schoolyards for a test hunt to see if the detector and I were healthy enough to hunt, and to test endurance...Thank goodness it was cloudy and cool out, I barely broke a sweat hobbling back and forth across the yard. I managed 2 hours of hunting before I was too sore to continue, but the LTD wanted to keep going...
IMG_1163.jpg
[/IMG] I dug some garbage and only 50 cents in change, but it was split evenly between clad and keepers...
IMG_1164.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1165r.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1167.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1166.jpg
[/IMG] Everything was at least 7" deep, there's few targets left in the first 6" of dirt. The Merc came out of the hole along with a nail, the LTD saw it through the iron ...and it seems to be performing as it did before the repairs. Me, it's going to take a while before I'm back to climbing around the woods, but shorter grass hunts are doable...Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

nice job on the hunt and also the repair.....looks good as new

Even bruised and beat up, with a patched up detector, you still bring home silver. I guess that's why they call you Captain Silver! :lol:

Glad to see that you got everything repaired and that you are mobile. Just goes to show that you can't keep a good man down, or you for that matter. :laughing: I kid. Good luck and watch your footing.

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerist!!! i bet you could dut tape 2 chopsticks together and dowse up silver :lol:
glad to see you're still mobile, albeit a little stove up. nice fix on the tecter, it still hits the goodies!

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerist!!! i bet you could dut tape 2 chopsticks together and dowse up silver :lol:
glad to see you're still mobile, albeit a little stove up. nice fix on the tecter, it still hits the goodies!

:jester:
Captain... u r an animal! Glad to see your hot on the trail of the Devil's Metal!:yes:

If you see someone with a taped and tie wrapped detector hobbling around your local schoolyard, don't call the block watch...it's just the Captain come to loot the silver:laughing:...My ribs are what hurt the most, as I bounced off a few good sized rocks and got twisted around a tree in my hurry to get down from the high ground:lol:, from what I recall. I had a lot of time to ponder as I tumbled, it seemed to take 5 minutes, but was 15-20 seconds at most...I think I'll stick with hunting the same schoolyard in the morning, as long as it isn't raining too hard. I don't know how water resistant the tape and glue are, and don't care to find out. If we get a couple weeks off this coming winter, I'll send it in to get repaired correctly, but I can't be without if I'm in the mood to do a hunt. I haven't learned dowsing for silver...yet. Thanks for the replies, the warmth makes the pain fade!

Back
Top Bottom