Have you thought of this?

metaladdict

Elite Member
There is a cluster of condo type building near me which isn't fenced in, no signs saying private property or such.
This place has a woodchip playground where I have hunted early in the morning on Sat/Sun. It has yielded many coins and two small golds.šŸ‘
(Just a different place to hunt).šŸ˜

Some times those small ā€œapartmentā€ complex playgrounds can really pay out. I hIt one years ago and found 15 bucks in change in about 30 minutes. It was like the kids had just heaved all their money out there.

Must have to really hit tot lots early, I mean in the dark early because I can't seem to hit a lot that has anything in it let alone good finds. :no:

A word of caution. Some tot lots have a ground cover under the wood chips and you donā€™t want to be cutting threw that. I take a cheap plastic spatula in those areas so you donā€™t do any damage.
Doug

I've MD'd many apartment complexes with totlots and, yes, a lot of coins and such as many don't think of hitting them or don't know of them.

And yes many lots have that black barrier under the chips. Even some with rubber chips have them underneath. The ground under the barrier seems really hard though. If a signal is still there below the barrier, I just forget it.

Yeah! A guy can find those tucked in out of the way totters behind the apartments via the satellite! I hit them, and like you said, they are generally stuffed!

Its a critical timing deal though...like early on Sundays before the inhabitants are up and moving about...Once per year I wipe them clean...I carry a folding serrated edge blade in my finds apron and have no problem ripping through the underlayment to retrieve a good signal...Chip kicking is lucrative...

I have a small "neighborhood " park across the street. I watched it go in 20 years ago, nothing but a sand pile prior. It's just to darn convenient to pass when I only have a few minutes, or want to try a setting change. Suprising how much and how fast people loose things. Always something in the chips, and more out in the main area to "practice" on. Lots of trash, good place to work thru things with new settings.

Back
Top Bottom