The wait is over, the Vanquish has landed!

Just got a 340 as a backup to my Equinox for water hunts. At least until I accidentally drop it in the water šŸ˜‚. Havent tried it in the water yet but remarkably it hit a 10+ā€ quarter Ive had buried in my yard for years. Not bad for $199

I have the 540,and it will also hit my 10 inch quarter solid..95 percent of the machines on the market wonā€™t touch that coin,Iā€™ve tried them..

I have the 540,and it will also hit my 10 inch quarter solid..95 percent of the machines on the market wonā€™t touch that coin,Iā€™ve tried them..

Figured it would with the larger coil. Vanquish is entry level priced near top end performance detector thats gonna surprise a lot of people. I tested in my brackish river and it performed very well too

woodbutcher,

glad your 540 arrived safely. I have to say, I am really impressed with the Vanquish detectors. Your result on deep targets is the same as mine and my soil is really nasty. The Vanquish and Equinox are the only detectors I have that can correctly ID a 5"(!!!!!) nickel in my test bed. All others completely fail to identify it. Some will not even hit the 7" quarter in my test bed. A 10" quarter would be out of the question except for the Equinox and Vanquish. Mineralization is that bad here.............

I had a chance to test my Vanquish 340 against my favorite detector the Fisher F19 in milder dirt down in Georgia recently. The Vanquish 340 out performed the F19 with similar coils both on depth tests and especially for tone and target ID with the F19 in discrimination mode. The F19 in all metal mode was barely equal to the 340 during the same testing. I hated to see that....I love the F19/G2+ form factor so much.

The ergonomics are excellent in my opinion and much better than the Equinox. The Vanquish does not feel like an almost 3 pound detector.

The only thing I've found to watch out for is multiple targets under the coil. The target separation and unmasking is not as good as the Equinox and a multiple denomination coin spill can sound like one trash target. When I get a larger seeming jumpy numbers target that isn't too deep I check it carefully. Several have been coin spills or a coin with multiple trash targets that sounded like one big target.

Jeff

woodbutcher,

glad your 540 arrived safely. I have to say, I am really impressed with the Vanquish detectors. Your result on deep targets is the same as mine and my soil is really nasty. The Vanquish and Equinox are the only detectors I have that can correctly ID a 5"(!!!!!) nickel in my test bed. All others completely fail to identify it. Some will not even hit the 7" quarter in my test bed. A 10" quarter would be out of the question except for the Equinox and Vanquish. Mineralization is that bad here.............

I had a chance to test my Vanquish 340 against my favorite detector the Fisher F19 in milder dirt down in Georgia recently. The Vanquish 340 out performed the F19 with similar coils both on depth tests and especially for tone and target ID with the F19 in discrimination mode. The F19 in all metal mode was barely equal to the 340 during the same testing. I hated to see that....I love the F19/G2+ form factor so much.

The ergonomics are excellent in my opinion and much better than the Equinox. The Vanquish does not feel like an almost 3 pound detector.

The only thing I've found to watch out for is multiple targets under the coil. The target separation and unmasking is not as good as the Equinox and a multiple denomination coin spill can sound like one trash target. When I get a larger seeming jumpy numbers target that isn't too deep I check it carefully. Several have been coin spills or a coin with multiple trash targets that sounded like one big target.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,Iā€™d did arrive safely a few days ago.i honestly wasnā€™t going to keep it,I was just really curious about itā€™s build and how it would do in the test bed...It really was impressive..I was gonna trade it off cause I have a few too many but Iā€™ve decided to hang onto it for awhile..I took it today to a ball field,found some deep nickels and some clad..pretty much what I expected from the ballfield,but the vanquish really ran smooth..I think itā€™s a great machine,not just for the money but the build quality and performance
I agree ,itā€™s definitely better balanced than the equinox or pretty much anything else for that matter..the armcuff being on a adjustable rod also helps a lot..Minelab really designed this machine well

I borrowed an EQ-800 for about 5-10 minutes after it came out and just didn't like it. On Monday, three days ago, I received my Vanquish 540 Pro and have been out hunting every day. Not positive yet what it is but it definitely impressed me more than th 800. As good? no, simply because I can't select a single frequency when needed, and I already knew the SMF design has its limitations. I'll take it out to a ghost town hunt today with my primary-use Relic Hunting units just to give it a fair shake, but it does perform quit well for typical urban Coin Hunting tasks.

The 540 Pro is definitely one of the better values offered on the market today, to be sure. I haven't found a perfect detector yet so I enjoy keeping a few favorites on-hand, and the Vanquish is definitely one model that I staying in my Detector Outfit for multiple applications. Only using the smaller 5X8 DD now doe to the trashier conditions where I've been detecting, and the performance is pleasing with that coil.

Monte

Vanquish Recovery Speed...

How does the recovery speed compare to other machines Monte?

Back
Top Bottom