Not a GW, nor a SLQ but a Barber Quarter today!

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Luck was with me today. Went site hopping, hoping for some silver and to my surprise I found a 1904 Barber quarter about 8" deep.

I found it an old park that I knew would be challenging and it paid off. The majority of the clad were found at various locations today.

All said and done, a good day for sure as it brings my silvers FTY at 26.

Attachments

• IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 497
Great hunt! A Barber quarter is a bucket lister for me. I've dug a few dimes and 1 half ,but never a quarter. Congrats!

Congrats on the barber and clad JAK! In my area, the toughest post-1900 quarter to find, is the standing liberty. I've found dozens of Washington and barbers, but only 2 standers in almost 8 years! :shock: good luck out there!

Congrats on the Barber quarter & #26 John, looks to be in nice shape. I have been fortunate enough to find at least one each year. I'm still at #26, have been for a long time. Only been out a handful of times since mid-'March. Supposed to cool off a little this week so maybe. Anyhow glad to see you're getting out and again congrats. Mark

Thank you!

Thanks metaladdict! It certainly was a sweet treat for me for sure.

Very nice, congrats!

Thanks BuscaPlata! Once in a while I get lucky.

Congrats!

Always a good hunt when you have a Barber by the end of it :thumbsup:

Thanks Gumshoe! It certainly made the hunt that much better.

Great hunt! A Barber quarter is a bucket lister for me. I've dug a few dimes and 1 half ,but never a quarter. Congrats!

Thanks MTtrashdigger! I probably was able to find it because this park ground is heavily mineralized with a lot of junk targets too. As I cleared out the junk above it, there she was down below.

Congrats on the barber and clad JAK! In my area, the toughest post-1900 quarter to find, is the standing liberty. I've found dozens of Washington and barbers, but only 2 standers in almost 8 years! :shock: good luck out there!

Thanks cellrdwellr! At first I thought it was a game/amusement type token as I had to rub off the dry dirt. I was real surprised when I discovered enough of it out in the field to being a Barber. The coin was probably overlooked by others due to the masking of nearby junk targets.

Congrats on the Barber quarter & #26 John, looks to be in nice shape. I have been fortunate enough to find at least one each year. I'm still at #26, have been for a long time. Only been out a handful of times since mid-'March. Supposed to cool off a little this week so maybe. Anyhow glad to see you're getting out and again congrats. Mark

Thanks Mark! For me it is an extra special treat to find a Barber as you know they don't come by often enough. As for silvers, this year it has been mostly dimes. This whole year has been a silver challenge. But, I can't wait to try out the new Nox update to see how it hits on good targets. Stay safe, healthy and HH!

SILVER and a nice clad haul, congrats

Thanks MuddyMo! I was just lucky finding this Barber. If I had swung the coil another inch too much left or right, I probably would have missed it. Swinging slow and steady found this one for me.

Congrats on the Barbe quarter. I found my second one in the past 6 years a month ago at a country church yard.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Congrats on the Barbe quarter. I found my second one in the past 6 years a month ago at a country church yard.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Thanks ecom! Those Barbers are rare for me to find. Congrats to you on your second one too!

Barber is one of my favorite coins! Congrats! Happy hunting

Thanks Diggerjonny! I appreciate the kind words. Hopefully, I will find another one, one of these days again.

But, I can't wait to try out the new Nox update to see how it hits on good targets. Stay safe, healthy and HH!

John, I will be interested in your thoughts on the update. I was toying with the idea of updating one of my 800s and do comparisons on signals. However because of the pandemic I don't have any yards I can hunt. I like to do the comparisons in yards, close to the truck, usually a tree I can lean the second one on, and don't have to worry someone will walk off with it, opposed to dragging 2 around a field or woods with my shovel (which I don't use in yards ) to hunt. The ground is the other issue right now. Guess I'll have to wait. Good luck, Mark

Thank you!

But, I can't wait to try out the new Nox update to see how it hits on good targets. Stay safe, healthy and HH!

John, I will be interested in your thoughts on the update. I was toying with the idea of updating one of my 800s and do comparisons on signals. However because of the pandemic I don't have any yards I can hunt. I like to do the comparisons in yards, close to the truck, usually a tree I can lean the second one on, and don't have to worry someone will walk off with it, opposed to dragging 2 around a field or woods with my shovel (which I don't use in yards ) to hunt. The ground is the other issue right now. Guess I'll have to wait. Good luck, Mark

Mark, in short, based on today's results/finds, I like the update very much. I went back to the park where I found the Barber quarter the other day. I worked the part of the field that should probably have had the least amount of finds. But to my surprise I found $15.00 in clad, 35 Qs, 57 Ds, 1 N, and 54 Cs. The area is high in EMFs so I was using the straight 4 frg. to quiet things down a good percentage of the time. And the Nox was sounding sort a like it was in weak gold mode with a nice hum like pitch. I was definitely going deeper. Yes, I was hitting more bottle caps then usual, which was fine with me too as I was testing things out and I was probably more into a dig everything that sounded good. And when I was in Multi, things even seem more stable there and calm too. I am under the impression that the 4frq., is now combined with the other multi freqs. I am looking forward to hunting sites that I have actually hit hard and see what it does there. But for the first trial day, I was impressed especially detecting those higher conductors at a deeper depths and the amount of good clad targets I was hitting. I also was using the 15" coil on this test drive.

Very nice John. A very nice clad count for the cake and a big sweetness icing with that Barber Quarter. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! It felt good to put something worthwhile on the board. Silver has been on a diet with me, but thank goodness the clad buffet line is still open for business to fatten things up.

Back
Top Bottom