Equinox NOX New V3 Update

Call me skeptical. I just googled https/minelab.com and they are not showing any new update. And maybe I'm mistaken but update came on a weekend when most people work Mon.thru Fri. Hmmm? Update video looked pretty authentic. I will check again on Monday.

If you google "minelab equinox update 3.0" the first result is from minelab.com and directs you to the same page as above. I bet we get email notifications by Monday that the update is live. I think someone was poking around minelabs site and happened to find it or the url was leaked before they made it public.

maybe

If you google "minelab equinox update 3.0" the first result is from minelab.com and directs you to the same page as above. I bet we get email notifications by Monday that the update is live. I think someone was poking around minelabs site and happened to find it or the url was leaked before they made it public.

Good point,maybe its just me being whiny and cynical because I haven't been able to get out. BUT adding another single freq. to a machine that was supposed to obsolete single frequency machines. Huh ? Is it the ship of fools we've been sailing on ? Don't get me wrong I like my 800 just fine but I found cool stuff with the Etrac and AT Pro as well.Its light weight and waterproof. But if you hunt with just about any machine long enough you will get it sooner or later. I do wish Minelab would be a little more upfront like other companies. And by the way does anybody know what is big and deep in Asia beside the market for the Equinox ? Ok enough, no more whining. I do hope 4k is a viable tool on the Equinox.

Without a doubt the Equinox is my go to machine. I can't really even bear to pull my Etrac out anymore. The only time I use the Etrac is a practically trash free yard/park or if the EMI is horrible. I have yet to use the single frequencies. Park2 all day everyday. Say what you want about Park1 being more geared towards silver, but I do better all around with Park2. Plus Park2 is killer for Nickels. Especially deep Buffs and V nickels. I don't have trouble hitting deep silver in Park2 either. If they never did another update for the Equinox it would not hurt my feelings one bit. I am that satisfied with it.

Ha-Ha, love it!

I saw this earlier today, and I am not updating until I hear some good things about it. As far as I can tell this one does not offer much.

Remember the same thing was said about the F2 and we made it threw that.
Are you smarter than the next guy.
I’m sure Minelab spent many hours perfecting and testing.
When you bought your Detector wit the program that was in it with no backup choice. So if they come up with a new update a year from now do you can skip over 3 for 4.
I’m falling ahead and not behind..
Doug

Remember the same thing was said about the F2 and we made it threw that.
Are you smarter than the next guy.
I’m sure Minelab spent many hours perfecting and testing.
When you bought your Detector wit the program that was in it with no backup choice. So if they come up with a new update a year from now do you can skip over 3 for 4.
I’m falling ahead and not behind..
Doug

I acknowledged I would let other people check out the update first. As in maybe they might be better qualified to find it's merits or possibly the lack there of before I do the update myself.

I'm doing just fine with 2.0 presently and see no need to run to my computer and do an update just because there was an new update released. Besides I also mentioned I have never used the single frequencies. I know some folks toggle between multi and single frequencies to check targets, but I personally have not found it necessary to do that step.

I will be happy to learn of the 3.0's merits from people who test it, and I'll update if I think it might be advantageous to do so.

I think it's more geared towards small clay pots full of coins, ancient weapons etc rather than a single small coin.

I did 3.0 today.
Deliberately did factory reset. Park1.
Then I tested it for 5 hrs.
Deep silver (quarter)faint in multi with no TDI.
Went to 4 khz signal Loud and clear and a solid 29.
(Dime) the same test and same results
Went to 4 khz loud and clear and solid 24.
I’m wondering I’d the 4 khz is in multi ?. I’m guessing not.
Also with 6” coil pinpoint seamed much better. Everything was within the diameter of the coil.
So far I’m happy with 3.0. I’ll bet it a killer on the beach.
Also multi seamed more stable.
Penny 21-22

Haven't used it for silver yet but did try it for float copper and it wworks awesome. 31 pound hunk at well over 30 inches.

Good point,maybe its just me being whiny and cynical because I haven't been able to get out. BUT adding another single freq. to a machine that was supposed to obsolete single frequency machines. Huh ? Is it the ship of fools we've been sailing on ? Don't get me wrong I like my 800 just fine but I found cool stuff with the Etrac and AT Pro as well.Its light weight and waterproof. But if you hunt with just about any machine long enough you will get it sooner or later. I do wish Minelab would be a little more upfront like other companies. And by the way does anybody know what is big and deep in Asia beside the market for the Equinox ? Ok enough, no more whining. I do hope 4k is a viable tool on the Equinox.

Hey I agree I'm not sure what adding another single frequency is all about, but I do think the Equinox is better than really most detectors. I have seen it find stuff others couldn't. Not just occasionally, but enough times it's no fluke and a no brainer it's doing something special. In non trashy places it's not any better than the rest except maybe beating a few detectors on depth, but when the going gets tough in iron and non ferrous trash I personally think the Equinox comes into it's own in a dominating way.

Longbow. The new 3.0 is an absolute plus and everyone is liking it.
I have spent two days testing.
If you get a faint high signal in multi with no TID and you switch to 4 khz and the signal pops in loud and locks in with a TID you will be convinced real fast.
The 4 khz in not in multi and is a stand along frequency.
I’m guessing many more deep signals finds. And those that knows the trick and inner workings of the Nox will even do better.
But you can bet their will be some deep digs of trash because sometimes numbers change.
One thing I did noticed is if you do a good pinpoint the target will be in the circle of the coil.
So if you can dig a big plug the size of the coil especially when the ground is dry. That is better on the grass for grow back.
Doug

It's a stand alone freq, the lowest the Nox goes in multi is 7khz.
If they included 4khz it would probably be as deep on high conductors as the CTX 3030 which uses 3 or 4 as it's lowest freq, and i guess they wouldn't want that.

Does anyone notice the NOX 800 doesn't hit on aluminum foil hardly at all since the update? Haven't tested to see if the sensitivity to gold has changed, but I love the fact it is ignoring even large flat pieces of tin foil.

Does anyone notice the NOX 800 doesn't hit on aluminum foil hardly at all since the update? Haven't tested to see if the sensitivity to gold has changed, but I love the fact it is ignoring even large flat pieces of tin foil.

In Multi or 4kHz? I can see why it wouldn’t hit foil and other low conductors very well in 4kHz but hopefully it’s not less sensitive to low conductors in Multi. I’ve installed the update but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Looking forward to checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Multi or 4kHz? I can see why it wouldn’t hit foil and other low conductors very well in 4kHz but hopefully it’s not less sensitive to low conductors in Multi. I’ve installed the update but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Looking forward to checking it out.

It was in MULTI

my two cents

Rattlehead I upgraded mine with the six inch coil the other day. In some air tests a war nickel and Buff gave off a kinda strange wobbly tone in 4k and bouncy #s between 15 & 20. So when I went to the park I remembered that sound and dug those tones, low and behold, pulltabs. So IMO it definitely does not hit mid-tones hard like in multi. Another thing sometimes pulltabs, beavertails, and canslaw would hightone and give numbers in the 30s. Still scratching my head on that one. By the way I was using Field 2 5 tone. Rec 4 Ib 2 Mark

Thanks Mark and Detector. I took mine out for a while today and just used multi in park 2 to see if I noticed any changes. The only thing I noticed is that the depth meter seems a little more off than usual. It’s never been very good IMHO, but today I dug several targets between 5-7” that the meter only showed one arrow on. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom